News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2013, 04:02:17 PM
Also watched Broken Flowers.  Bill Murray thinks a son he never met is trying to contact him, so he looks up every squeeze he ever had. 

It looked promising, Bill sort of reprising his Lost in Translation role, but 3/4 of this movie is shots of Bill driving around in a rental car trying to find street addresses.  My hunch is it's a student film project they tried to pad out to feature film length.

It's Jim Jarmusch.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2013, 02:47:44 PM
That's a moranic thing to say Ide.

I know.  I'm just talking bullshit in order to entertain myself.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Also watched Broken Flowers.  Bill Murray thinks a son he never met is trying to contact him, so he looks up every squeeze he ever had. 

It looked promising, Bill sort of reprising his Lost in Translation role, but 3/4 of this movie is shots of Bill driving around in a rental car trying to find street addresses.  My hunch is it's a student film project they tried to pad out to feature film length.

It's not a very good movie.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2013, 03:36:29 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 20, 2013, 03:09:42 PM
After some googling, I know it has Chinese Mustard.

That's odd.  Brown mustard is totally different than the mustard you get in a Chinaman restaurant to put on your egg rolls.

From wiki looks like the mustard plant that brown mustard comes from is originally of Asian origin.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on September 20, 2013, 04:20:22 PM

It's not a very good movie.

You also assfuck small woodland creatures against their will, so shows how much you know.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

DGuller

:hmm: There must've been some kind of miscommunication there.

CountDeMoney

No shit.  Maybe if she didn't hold up signs all the time.  Hate that.

The Brain

"See how anal sex is no worse than a circle jerk, just like Meri said!"

CountDeMoney

Now see, this one is sorta like "is the glass half-full or half-empty" kinda thing.

This one is kinda sweet, in a way...

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on September 20, 2013, 05:26:43 PM
:hmm: There must've been some kind of miscommunication there.

If everything is imperfect in this imperfect world, love is the most perfect in its perfect imperfection.

jimmy olsen

The Ide Deluxe?  :hmm: :mmm:

Quote1 box chocolate cake mix
2 boxes of low fat chocolate jello instant pudding
4 cups of milk (as per the pudding directions)
1/4 cup peanut butter (plus 2 tbsp for drizzling)
1 large container of low fat cool whip
1 bag of mini Reese peanut butter cups (chopped into pieces)
1 large bag of Reese's pieces

Bake the cake as per the directions on the box. Let cool completely.

Let cool whip thaw out until it's easier to spread.

Make the pudding as per the directions on the box, at the very end before you let it set stir in the 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Let set.

Crumble the cake into a trifle dish (or bowl), top with 1/2 of the pudding mixture, then add a layer of cool whip (1/2 the container), and then sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped Reese peanut butter cups and 1/2 the bag of Reese's pieces.

Do another layer exactly the same: cake, pudding, cool whip, candy.

Put the 2 tbsp of peanut butter into the microwave for about 45 seconds to melt, then drizzle over top of the trifle.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I don't care for whipped cream.
Kinemalogue