News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on September 20, 2013, 02:05:00 PM
Potbelly stems from Chicago. Panera is infinitely better than the blandness that is Subway.

Both are.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on September 20, 2013, 01:59:47 PM
Ostrich/emu burgers rule.  Never had it any other way.  I'm guessing our faux-Mexican friend is confused about the "taco sandwich".
i just don't recall ostrich or taco being at US shops.
So was curious.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: merithyn on September 20, 2013, 02:07:58 PM
Potbelly stems from Chicago. Panera is infinitely better than the blandness that is Subway.

Both are.

And Jimmy Johns is king of the fast sandwich.

Ideologue

Jimmy Johns also sucks.  Putting fucking cucumbers in everything.  They'd put cucumbers in their cucumbers.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 20, 2013, 02:10:26 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 20, 2013, 02:07:58 PM

Both are.

And Jimmy Johns is king of the fast sandwich.

Yeah no. Talk about awful.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on September 20, 2013, 02:07:20 PM
Yi, what does BMT stand for? I order it, but I have no clue what it means. :blush:

Brooklyn Manhattan Transfer

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2013, 02:17:00 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 20, 2013, 02:07:20 PM
Yi, what does BMT stand for? I order it, but I have no clue what it means. :blush:

Brooklyn Manhattan Transfer

Oh. I thought you were just playing off of GF. Well okay then. I don't feel badly for not knowing it.

Admiral Yi

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2013, 02:32:56 PM
You should. :pope:

Why? I'm an Iowa girl who moved to Illinois. It's not like I've spent more than a day in the New York Subway system. :P

Ideologue

I didn't know.  Trains, just like the big cities they service, are for poors and the economic criminals who prey on them.  I avoid such places.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on September 20, 2013, 02:39:02 PM
I didn't know.  Trains, just like the big cities they service, are for poors and the economic criminals who prey on them.  I avoid such places.

:huh:

The subway system in NYC isn't just for poor people. Actually I'm not sure I've been on a subway system that is just for the poor.

But then again, you were mentioning trains...though that also isn't true in the Northeast (or anywhere with a decent commuter rail system).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

That's a moranic thing to say Ide.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ideologue on September 20, 2013, 02:01:45 PM
Btw, didn't the Gauls invent brown mustard?

After some googling, I know it has Chinese Mustard.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 20, 2013, 03:09:42 PM
After some googling, I know it has Chinese Mustard.

That's odd.  Brown mustard is totally different than the mustard you get in a Chinaman restaurant to put on your egg rolls.

Admiral Yi

Also watched Broken Flowers.  Bill Murray thinks a son he never met is trying to contact him, so he looks up every squeeze he ever had. 

It looked promising, Bill sort of reprising his Lost in Translation role, but 3/4 of this movie is shots of Bill driving around in a rental car trying to find street addresses.  My hunch is it's a student film project they tried to pad out to feature film length.