Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2013, 01:31:04 PM

It's not that;  it's just that we've all had Moms already.   :P

I'm sorry to hear that I'm the only one who's had a dad. :(

Luckily, he was intelligent, logical, and rational, so I assume that you all are, too. Boy, doesn't that work out for you guys!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 02:23:48 PM
:huh:

If the reason for this:

Quote from: merithyn on September 05, 2013, 07:27:21 AM
The odd thing is that I don't even have to say anything anymore. The assumption is made on what will and will not upset me, what I will or will not say, and responses are made without me even reading the thread. It's eerie, really. Like there's an alternate me out there running around posting invisible posts.

:ph34r:  :area52:  :tinfoil:

is this:

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2013, 01:31:04 PM
It's not that;  it's just that we've all had Moms already.   :P

then it's awfully lucky that my dad:

Quote from: merithyn on September 05, 2013, 02:07:59 PM
was intelligent, logical, and rational, so I assume that you all are, too. Boy, doesn't that work out for you guys!

This way, I can assume that you're all intellignet, logical, and rational.

Malthus

Is the assumption that Meri's intelligent, logical, and rational dad would be turned into a typical Languishite if he posted here for any length of time?    ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Quote from: Malthus on September 05, 2013, 02:48:36 PM
Is the assumption that Meri's intelligent, logical, and rational dad would be turned into a typical Languishite if he posted here for any length of time?    ;)

Well, he also had a temper and was a drunk, so I'm guessing he would have thrown the computer through the kitchen window shortly after he joined. :D

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I now own 16 web addresses.  All but 3 I acquired in the past year.  I think I have a problem. :unsure:

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on September 05, 2013, 07:24:16 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 05, 2013, 06:34:20 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 05, 2013, 12:06:14 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2013, 08:54:51 PM
I sense Meri's hymen glowing and vibrating in anger.

You two do seem to have a deep spiritual connection. Did you ever bang her during some pagan magic ritual?

Wiccans. Yuk.

Agreed.

:secret: You know that there are other Pagan groups out there, right?  :secret:

:secret: I don't care.  :secret:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Pagans.  Even jerkier than Christians.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 05, 2013, 03:03:40 PM
I now own 16 web addresses.  All but 3 I acquired in the past year.  I think I have a problem. :unsure:
Who can blame you for pouncing when www.concrete.xxx became available?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

I've noticed that on http://espn.go.com/ you can now watch live streams of the ESPN channels.

However, it tells me at work and at home, with Chrome, IE9 and Firefox, that there's an error with the player.

I'm not sure if this is because the stream's not supposed to be available for European viewers or if it's a general issue.

Can someone check and verify?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Unless something's changed you can't watch them outside the U.S.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

That's rubbish, then, because ESPN America (a channel that showed College Football/Basketball, NFL, NHL, MLB - a lot of it live - plus their news shows and 30 for 30) was cancelled in Europe.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Got back from the store a minute ago with a bag of hot-sauce flavored potato chips, a bag of tortilla chips, restaurant-style salsa and salsa con queso, and three different kinds of Cheetos.  About halfway out the door, I realized that my purchases would satisfy most courts' idea of probable cause. :lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I disagree, but it's a free country, man.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)