News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2013, 09:00:59 AM
His victims probably wanted him to suffer for years like them, they're probably pissed.

Possibly. At least now, though, they can move on.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

As an Ohio taxpayer, I'm thrilled I don't have to feed and house that pig for the next 40 years. :yeah:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2013, 09:29:36 AM
As an Ohio taxpayer, I'm thrilled I don't have to feed and house that pig for the next 40 years. :yeah:

I'm shocked that a psycho monster was more generous than you in feeding and housing people.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 04, 2013, 09:29:36 AM

Yup. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

I turned a corner at work just in time to hear a co-worker badmouthing me to another co-worker. The look on her face when she saw me was priceless. :lol:

Best part: the thing she was bitching about wasn't my fault, but rather a miscommunication between her and her supervisor. I plan to "clear things up" with her supervisor later today. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 04, 2013, 02:44:49 AM
QuoteThe Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and all persons voted for as Vice-President and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate.
The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted.
The person having the greatest Number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President.[1]
The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Seems legit.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  Is Superman a part of the electoral collage?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: merithyn on September 04, 2013, 09:07:37 AM

I don't know. I think his death will make it easier for the three women (and the child) to move on. Having him alive probably prolonged their suffering, to a degree.

He was filth. What happened to him is irrelevant.
I'm only concerned about the women.

FYP
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: merithyn on September 04, 2013, 10:57:59 AM
I turned a corner at work just in time to hear a co-worker badmouthing me to another co-worker. The look on her face when she saw me was priceless. :lol:

Best part: the thing she was bitching about wasn't my fault, but rather a miscommunication between her and her supervisor. I plan to "clear things up" with her supervisor later today. :)

Don't concern yourself with the co-worker, instead do a 'Hansie' on the supervisor.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on September 04, 2013, 08:59:59 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2013, 12:59:05 AM
QuoteCleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro found dead, prison official says
By Mark Stevenson and Hasani Gittens, NBC News

Ariel Castro, the Cleveland man who was sentenced to life in prison plus 1,000 years in July after pleading guilty to imprisoning and raping three women for a decade, was found dead in his jail cell, a prison spokeswoman said early Wednesday.

The 53-year-old convict was found hanging in his cell around 9:20 p.m. Tuesday at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient, officials said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/04/20315504-cleveland-kidnapper-ariel-castro-found-dead-prison-official-says?lite

Dude's on a suicide watch - why the hell is he only being checked every 30 minutes?!?

And I'm vaguely pissed.  I wanted this guy to suffer for a good long while.

Isn't torture specifically prohibited by your Charter of Maple Syrup or something?

Of course it is.  But I'm glad you finally admitted what gaol is. <_<

I am happy he's dead.

P.S. If we had the surveillance society we should have, he never could have done what he did.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive