News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I had a dream I trapped a live mole, and in my guilt over killing the one before I decided to keep it as a pet.

What was odd was that I felt guilty in the dream, but do not feel guilty in my fully conscious state.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2013, 10:27:45 AM
I had a dream I trapped a live mole, and in my guilt over killing the one before I decided to keep it as a pet.

What was odd was that I felt guilty in the dream, but do not feel guilty in my fully conscious state.

Russian agents deserve no pity.  :mad:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2013, 10:27:45 AM

You feel guilty about feeling no guilt.

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on August 30, 2013, 10:10:11 AM
Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2013, 09:57:49 AM
Speaking of, we'll be outside Louisville this weekend. :) Time for lunch one day?
Where and when? :)

I'll send a PM. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jacob

Interesting article about the decline of Microsoft: http://www.vanityfair.com/business/2012/08/microsoft-lost-mojo-steve-ballmer

It closes with this quote from Steve Jobs:
Quote from: Steve JobsWinning business was more important than making great products. Microsoft never had the humanities and liberal arts in its DNA

MadImmortalMan

MSFT is the only stock in the Dow that's up for the month of August. Yay Ballmer.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2013, 11:03:47 AM
Interesting article about the decline of Microsoft: http://www.vanityfair.com/business/2012/08/microsoft-lost-mojo-steve-ballmer

Quote from: Steve JobsWinning business was more important than making great products. Microsoft never had the humanities and liberal arts in its DNA

:lol: Awesome.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2013, 11:08:56 AM
Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2013, 11:03:47 AM

:lol: Awesome.

:grr:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Just got an email from one of my staffing company's HR people reminding me to fill my time sheet today because it is a holiday weekend.

Hell, maybe I should.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Grey Fox

eh, I just got that email too!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Yeah, but I haven't worked there for three weeks. :lol:

How did it come to be that the word "sanction" can mean to "condone, official approve" and "to officially punish"?  Inflammable means flammable?  What a country.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

My favorite definition is an assassination by government operatives.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?