News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Quote from: fhdz on June 27, 2013, 04:03:00 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 27, 2013, 08:58:31 AM
I pronounce it like lie.  Leenux like Kleenex would sound bizarre.  Charlie Brown's friend is Lie-nus, not Lee-nus.

But city isn't pronounced "ceety".

I say "Linux" like "city".

Doesn't that get confusing?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

check that youtube video. The maker of Linux states it is said like in "city"

Razgovory

Still think that would be confusing.

"I installed Linux on your computer so you don't have to worry about windows updates now".

"What the hell 'city'?  Is that a program or something?"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2013, 03:09:27 AM

"I installed Linux on your computer so you don't have to worry about windows updates now".

Tip: don't explain your jokes.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Liep

Le Tour starts tomorrow. :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Gentlemen, start your syringes!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2013, 04:18:21 AM
Gentlemen, start your syringes!

Silly man. Doping is done before the tour starts.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Languish is currently the only website that works for me. Everything else comes up with a DNS error. :unsure:

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on June 28, 2013, 03:12:10 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2013, 03:09:27 AM

Tip: don't explain your jokes.

It was Tamas, I had no choice.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

mongers

just got an email titled:

QuoteCylchlythyr Alumni ABERYSTWYTH

Who knew our very own Fhdz is now working for my old college.  :hmm:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"