Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on June 20, 2013, 06:49:22 PM
Yes you don't shout at people.

WHAT IF THEY'RE HARD OF HEARING?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on June 20, 2013, 06:46:17 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2013, 12:24:00 PM
Had an interesting yet kind of a weird conversation with my wife's co-worker the other day.  She's from Bosnia-- her family came here in the 90s as refugees from Mostar.  Her dad was actually in a concentration camp for a period of time.  She acted a little odd when I asked her ethnicity (though I guess I struggled to find a way to ask that gently) & just said she was from a 'mixed ethnic' family-- I'm guessing she was more or less Bosniak.  She seemed to think that her parents having been communist party members was the reason they were bullied and oppressed during the war, rather than their ethnicity.

Anyway, she seemed surprised (if not a bit freaked out) that I knew as much as I did about Bosnia and the wars.  So I didn't want it to feel like an interrogation.  Hope to extract more info & anecdotes next time I talk to her.  I've only ever met a handful of people from that rather fascinating part of the world.

HEY HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ETHNIC CLEANSING AND MASS MURDER WHAT I'M CURIOUS?

derfetus wants to know how many rape babies were carried to term and then exhale, sated and satisfied.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2013, 06:53:02 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 20, 2013, 06:46:17 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 19, 2013, 12:24:00 PM
Had an interesting yet kind of a weird conversation with my wife's co-worker the other day.  She's from Bosnia-- her family came here in the 90s as refugees from Mostar.  Her dad was actually in a concentration camp for a period of time.  She acted a little odd when I asked her ethnicity (though I guess I struggled to find a way to ask that gently) & just said she was from a 'mixed ethnic' family-- I'm guessing she was more or less Bosniak.  She seemed to think that her parents having been communist party members was the reason they were bullied and oppressed during the war, rather than their ethnicity.

Anyway, she seemed surprised (if not a bit freaked out) that I knew as much as I did about Bosnia and the wars.  So I didn't want it to feel like an interrogation.  Hope to extract more info & anecdotes next time I talk to her.  I've only ever met a handful of people from that rather fascinating part of the world.

HEY HOW WAS YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ETHNIC CLEANSING AND MASS MURDER WHAT I'M CURIOUS?

derfetus wants to know how many rape babies were carried to term and then exhale, sated and satisfied.

The pertinent question is, "was she hot?".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

There were issues with the food supply in wartime Yugoslavia, so probably.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I'm not going to let Ide borrow my books on the holocaust. The pages would come back stuck together.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on June 20, 2013, 07:36:30 PM
There were issues with the food supply in wartime Yugoslavia, so probably.

:lol:

Ideologue

What do you call one of those toys made with about 2-300 little steel rods inside a plastic rectangle, with the rods each about 1-2mm in diameter and about 40mm in length, that you can put your hand or face in and gets boring in about thirty seconds?

Nm: my google hand is strong.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Stick Your Face in The Metal Thingy

Eddie Teach

I met a Bosnian woman once. She was neither skinny nor pretty.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

A brother cant catch a break.   :(

Man sought in May carjacking arrested

A suspect who tried unsuccessfully to carjack a manual transmission car last month is now in custody, authorities say.

Escambia County sheriff's deputies arrested Antoren "Chief Keef" Bell, 19, of Pensacola, on Friday on a carjacking charge stemming from May 18.

On that date, Bell reportedly robbed a woman of her manual-shift vehicle at gunpoint, but abandoned it a short time later because he did not know how to drive a stick shift, according to a Sheriff's Office report.

The victim was driving through the area near North 50th Avenue and Carey Street at about 10:30 p.m. when she was flagged down by three teenage girls, according to a Sheriff's Office.

When she stepped out of her vehicle to assist the girls, Bell came up and pointed a gun at her and said "it was now their car," the report states. The victim ran away and called the Sheriff's Office.

Deputies arriving on scene soon located two of the teenage girls.

One of the girls told the deputies that she had met with the other two and Bell, who was dating one of the girls, at the Burger King at Fairfield Drive and Mobile Highway.

She told officers that she only knew the suspect by his nickname "Chief Keef." As the four began, walking along Fairfield, Bell and his girlfriend told the other two girls they needed a car, according to the report.

Once Bell carjacked the victim on 50th Avenue, he got into the driver's seat and the three girls got into the passenger and back seats, but soon after he ordered everyone out because he did not know how to drive a stick shift, according to the report.

Bell was later positively identified in a photo lineup, according the Sheriff's Office.

He is charged with vehicle theft, robbery and criminal mischief and is being held on a $400,000 bond.

Follow Rhema Thompson on Twitter at twitter.com/rthompsonpnj or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rhemathompsonpnj.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

:Joos Fucking KKK. Bunch of stool-pigeons.  :lol:

Cops: 2 Men Made Ray Gun to Zap Enemies of Israel

(AP) – Sci-fi meets the crime blotter: US authorities accused two men of assembling a portable X-ray weapon that they intended to use to secretly sicken opponents of Israel. The indictment charged 49-year-old Glendon Scott Crawford of Galway, NY, and 54-year-old Eric J. Feight of Hudson, NY, with conspiracy to provide support to terrorists with the weapon. Investigators said Crawford approached Jewish organizations last year looking for funding and people to help him with technology that could be used to surreptitiously deliver damaging and even lethal doses of radiation against those he considered enemies of Israel. He and Feight assembled the mobile device, which was to be controlled remotely, but it was inoperable and nobody was hurt, authorities said.

"Crawford has specifically identified Muslims and several other individuals/groups as targets," investigator Geoffrey Kent said in a court affidavit. According to the indictment, Crawford also traveled to North Carolina in October to solicit money for the weapon from a ranking member of the Ku Klux Klan, who informed the FBI. Crawford claimed to be a member. Both men are being held pending hearings and face up to 15 years in prison. Crawford, an industrial mechanic for General Electric, knew Feight, an outside GE contractor with mechanical and engineering skills, through work, authorities said. Feight designed, built, and tested the remote control, which they planned to use to operate an industrial X-ray system mounted on a truck.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Quote from: 11B4V on June 21, 2013, 01:32:59 AM
A brother cant catch a break.   :(

Man sought in May carjacking arrested

A suspect who tried unsuccessfully to carjack a manual transmission car last month is now in custody, authorities say.

Escambia County sheriff's deputies arrested Antoren "Chief Keef" Bell, 19, of Pensacola, on Friday on a carjacking charge stemming from May 18.

On that date, Bell reportedly robbed a woman of her manual-shift vehicle at gunpoint, but abandoned it a short time later because he did not know how to drive a stick shift, according to a Sheriff's Office report.

The victim was driving through the area near North 50th Avenue and Carey Street at about 10:30 p.m. when she was flagged down by three teenage girls, according to a Sheriff's Office.

When she stepped out of her vehicle to assist the girls, Bell came up and pointed a gun at her and said "it was now their car," the report states. The victim ran away and called the Sheriff's Office.

Deputies arriving on scene soon located two of the teenage girls.

One of the girls told the deputies that she had met with the other two and Bell, who was dating one of the girls, at the Burger King at Fairfield Drive and Mobile Highway.

She told officers that she only knew the suspect by his nickname "Chief Keef." As the four began, walking along Fairfield, Bell and his girlfriend told the other two girls they needed a car, according to the report.

Once Bell carjacked the victim on 50th Avenue, he got into the driver's seat and the three girls got into the passenger and back seats, but soon after he ordered everyone out because he did not know how to drive a stick shift, according to the report.

Bell was later positively identified in a photo lineup, according the Sheriff's Office.

He is charged with vehicle theft, robbery and criminal mischief and is being held on a $400,000 bond.

Follow Rhema Thompson on Twitter at twitter.com/rthompsonpnj or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rhemathompsonpnj.

Oh the irony. His sticking it to the man foiled.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Phillip V

Do not allow yourself to be lured by females. It's a trap.

Tamas

This is amazing!  :lmfao:

Especially if you have seen Margin Call, the (great) movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MRoF25gPAg&NR=1&feature=endscreen