Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

fhdz

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 19, 2013, 12:40:09 AM
Quote from: katmai on June 19, 2013, 12:20:28 AM
How do you hide living in Utah Fhdz :rolleyes:

Put up a sign that says "Welcome to Nevada" on the street heading toward your house?

HOORS UPSTAIRS HOOCH IN THE BASEMENT
and the horse you rode in on

Jaron

Tomorrow I'm buying bagels for my team at work. I was explaining to one rather clueless girl about how my old employer used to bring in bagels and lox for us.

Me: "They used to bring in bagels and lox..for some reason, no one ever liked it."
Her: "They used to lock you guys up?"
Me: "...."

Eddie Teach

I don't think I've ever actually had lox. On the rare occasions I get bagels I just put butter on them.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

I like fish, and I like salmon, so I thought I would like lox, but I didn't. Go figure.

Maybe its not meant to be stand alone without cream cheese.

Tamas

Just don't let him see the booze when you are taking it home, J :P

Liep

Quote from: Jaron on June 19, 2013, 12:57:23 AM
I like fish, and I like salmon, so I thought I would like lox, but I didn't. Go figure.

Maybe its not meant to be stand alone without cream cheese.

I'm not sure how lox is made, but it looks like 'gravad laks', in which case you should try it with dill and maybe some mustard.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

Or just don't eat fish.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Oexmelin on June 18, 2013, 09:43:52 PM

For some reason, it made me think of Languish...

:lol:

Works on two or three levels.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 19, 2013, 12:55:47 AM
I don't think I've ever actually had lox. On the rare occasions I get bagels I just put butter on them.  :hmm:

I have lox on my bagel about once a week. I :wub: it. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

lustindarkness

Never even heard of Lox before today. I guess it is for more civilized areas of the world, down here we eat our bagels with good ole cream cheese.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 19, 2013, 10:16:57 AM
Never even heard of Lox before today. I guess it is for more civilized areas of the world, down here we eat our bagels with good ole cream cheese.

That fancy Philly cream cheese!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: lustindarkness on June 19, 2013, 10:16:57 AM

Not enough Jews in Bama.

I had never heard of a bagel until I went to college.