News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Guaranteed holidays don't increase shareholder value.

Syt

Well, I have 5 weeks paid vacation, next month I get double salary (at reduced tax rate), and come Christmas time another double salary. And Austria has the lowest unemployment rate in the EU. Corrupt and incestuous as the Austrian economy may be, it's good if you can be a part of it. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

I get no paid days off.

Of course unlike some, I do have some paid days on.

The Brain

I am happy in my work.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on May 24, 2013, 05:02:25 PM
I am happy in my work.

I didnt think they kept livestock near reactors?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

That's just...pretty dreadful.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Why do you say that?

I have seen it before, maybe here, but dreadful seems a reach.

garbon

A fake vietnam like memorial for fictional sci-fi dead?

Oddly enough if I look that up in google, one of the first hits is a thread asking if the pictures offends/is in poor taste.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

I wouldn't hang a print of it in my living room, but the first couple of times I saw it I thought it was clever.

Anyone that is offended by that picture needs to get a grip.

garbon

A grip on what? That said, I don't find it offensive, just in rather poor taste.

sbr

Seeing Darth Vader appearing to mourn random Imperial dead is more offensive to me than the picture itself.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on May 25, 2013, 01:35:16 AM
A grip on what? That said, I don't find it offensive, just in rather poor taste.

I was responding to the "Oddly enough if I look that up in google, one of the first hits is a thread asking if the pictures offends/is in poor taste." part of your post.

I'm not sure how that picture could be seriously considered to be in "poor taste" to a serious person.