Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 17, 2013, 06:46:09 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 17, 2013, 06:11:13 PM
Areas DG cannot visit:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2013/05/15/cold_war_map_shows_areas_prohibited_to_soviet_travelers_in_the_united_states.html

Some of those are obvious. The Dakotas, Vegas nuke test area, the sub bases in Connecticut, the TVA. I don't get others though. Northern Ohio? Maybe because they make tanks in Lima? Was that a thing in 1955? They made the crawlers for the space shuttles in Bucyrus and Marion too but that has to be later also. Most of Indiana...hmm. Some of these are probably nuclear power plants. But again, how many of those were running then?

Too bad Gully can't see the Grand Canyon.  :console:

At least they could see Montana.

And as for Ohio....Wright-Patterson (where the aliens are really kept).

11B4V

Quote from: fahdiz on May 17, 2013, 07:13:48 PM
New throw pillow for Raz!

That's good needle work.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 17, 2013, 07:18:47 PM
Areas DG cannot visit:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2013/05/15/cold_war_map_shows_areas_prohibited_to_soviet_travelers_in_the_united_states.html

Some of those are obvious. The Dakotas, Vegas nuke test area, the sub bases in Connecticut, the TVA. I don't get others though. Northern Ohio? Maybe because they make tanks in Lima? Was that a thing in 1955? They made the crawlers for the space shuttles in Bucyrus and Marion too but that has to be later also. Most of Indiana...hmm. Some of these are probably nuclear power plants. But again, how many of those were running then?

Wright Patterson, the Mound in miamisburg, Lima tank plant and I bet the car factories were verboten to. So no lords town, moraine, Toledo, etc.

AND THERE IS NO HANGER 18. srsly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 17, 2013, 07:25:28 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on May 17, 2013, 07:18:47 PM
Areas DG cannot visit:

AND THERE IS NO HANGER 18. srsly.

Horseshit.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Now the labs have some neat shit there. I could tell you abo

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Syt

Quote from: Dwayne JohnsonI'm a 6'4 260lb man. Look at this visual.. now imagine being on the court vs Sir Charles & @SHAQ #GameOverSon

:ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

The Rock is point guard sized, at least height wise.  Of course he looks tiny next to an NBA center and power forward/small forward sized dude (Barkley is 6'6, IIRC).

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on May 18, 2013, 12:40:27 AM
Quote from: Dwayne JohnsonI'm a 6'4 260lb man. Look at this visual.. now imagine being on the court vs Sir Charles & @SHAQ #GameOverSon

:ph34r:

Of course - he's facing against two NBA players, when at his best The Rock was a CFL player.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Barrister on May 18, 2013, 01:35:12 AM
Of course - he's facing against two NBA players, when at his best The Rock was a CFL player.  :cool:

He probably got paid more in college (DA U).  ;) 

Barrister

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 18, 2013, 01:37:02 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 18, 2013, 01:35:12 AM

He probably got paid more in college (DA U).  ;)

Almost certainly.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Well, to be fair, Barkley battled Godzilla, which was probably him at his most awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCF-QFuoYs
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: BarristerAlmost certainly. 

He was some sort of DL, right?  DT or DE, I don't remember.  That was a while ago.

Quote from: Syt on May 18, 2013, 01:44:02 AM
Well, to be fair, Barkley battled Godzilla, which was probably him at his most awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCF-QFuoYs

:lol:  Fuckin Barkley throwin that elbow.