News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Good to see you guys (and gals) as well!  :cheers:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

AnchorClanker

So, Mark Sanford has regained his old House seat for SC-1.

Good to see that the voters have punished dishonesty and misuse of public funds (note that I don't care about his adultery, that a family matter...)

Ah well.  South Carolina - too small to be a republic, too large to be an insane asylum.  BTW, that quote is 150 years old...
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

AnchorClanker

Holy Shit, it just dawned on me that I hit 15 years in on the 18th.  Oy.   :blush:

Actually, it doesn't feel like it's been that long, to tell the truth.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2013, 02:23:32 PM
I think I'm going to start a FaceBook page for the cat.

Have her throw up some gang signs. And then have her throw up some hairballs.

That's fucking viral video right there.
and the horse you rode in on

Jacob

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 08, 2013, 05:36:44 PM
Holy Shit, it just dawned on me that I hit 15 years in on the 18th.  Oy.   :blush:

Actually, it doesn't feel like it's been that long, to tell the truth.

You're a lifer, eh?

AnchorClanker

lustindarkness

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 08, 2013, 06:05:38 PM
:weep:

It happens. :console:

You get those anchors? I'm waiting, again, to see if I get selected.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2013, 02:26:35 PM
Don't judge us 47%.  That's what lost you the election in the first place.

Hey I almost joined you.  My department is getting eliminated and once all our business got moved over to the third party we were all gonna be out on our asses, except for the customer service people.  I had a pretty decent severance in front of my but I took the safer route and took a job I was "encouraged" to take in a different department.  I know I'm gonna hate it.  It involves more accounting.

I would've made such a great stay at home dad :bleeding:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

MadImmortalMan

If severance comes my way I'm checking out of the race and doing my own thing.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2013, 08:11:40 PM
HR?

Hell no.  But almost as bad.  I'll get to manage our labyrinthine billing system, and a couple other totally unrelated areas no other manager wanted.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2013, 08:16:42 PM
I'll get to manage our labyrinthine billing system, and a couple other totally unrelated areas no other manager wanted.

That makes us indispensable, Precious.  That's a good thing.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2013, 10:45:28 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2013, 08:16:42 PM
I'll get to manage our labyrinthine billing system, and a couple other totally unrelated areas no other manager wanted.

That makes us indispensable, Precious.  That's a good thing.

Gotcha, Dad.  FFS, that's the exact same shit he says.

Eddie Teach

They can always shoehorn those things into someone else's job. Nobody's indispensable.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 08, 2013, 10:59:07 PM
They can always shoehorn those things into someone else's job. Nobody's indispensable.

Nonsense. 
Nothing says "job security" as being the only guy that's willing to do it and knows how it's done.

All that bullshit they spout about "collaborative environments" and "teamwork" is exactly that: bullshit.  Never share what you do or how you do it with anyone.

Keep your silo to yourself;  and with all those goofy ass billing systems that nobody wants to tinker with or bother spending time in the weeds figuring out how it all works, you'll be safe forever.