News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

He stopped the Orange marches in Britain?  I had no idea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 06, 2013, 06:26:18 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2013, 12:56:53 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 06, 2013, 05:53:43 AM
The world would be much better if Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean had been annexed by the United States.

In the sense that without Canada, people in the US wouldnt fully understand just how big a mistake it was to have their rebellion?

As a Catholic I don't see how my life would be better under British rule.  I'd rather not have Barrister march down my street wearing orange and throw bricks through my window.

:hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

It's true!  I'd rather not have that happen.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

This is what happens when you don't have a wingman.  USAF knows better.
Zoomies gonna zoom.

QuoteAir Force sex assault prevention chief charged in sex assault

ARLINGTON, Va. — The chief of the Air Force's sexual assault prevention and response branch was arrested this weekend and charged with sexual battery.

Lt. Col. Jeffrey Krusinski, 41, of Arlington, Va., was arrested Sunday morning, according to the Arlington police. He's accused of approaching a woman in a parking lot and grabbing her breasts and buttocks, according to the crime report. He has been removed from his position, an Air Force spokeswoman said on condition of anonymity.

Krusinski heads up the Air Force's sexual assault prevention and response branch, an Air Force spokeswoman confirmed.

Krusinski has served in Afghanistan, in addition to serving as the deputy expeditionary mission support group commander at Joint Base Balad in Iraq, and commander of 6th Force Support Squadron at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla. He attended the U.S. Air Force Academy, where he lettered in baseball.

The Air Force has recently come under fire for a decision by a lieutenant general to throw out the sexual assault conviction of fighter pilot Lt. Col. James Wilkerson. Wilkerson, 44, the former inspector general for the 31st Fighter Wing at Aviano Air Base in Italy, was convicted last year of aggravated sexual assault and sentenced to a year in jail, forfeiture of pay and dismissal from the Air Force. Lt. Gen. Craig Franklin overturned the sentence and reinstated Wilkerson into the Air Force.

Additionally, more than a dozen training instructors at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, the Air Force's basic training facility, have been convicted of misconduct with trainees, from fraternization to sexual assault. More cases are still under investigation.

Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Welsh III has emphasized preventing sexual assault and sexual harassment and respect among airmen since he took over the job last year.

"Every time I hear about another case, it breaks my heart," he said in a video posted on the Air Force's sexual assault prevention website. "You know what right looks like."

Rep. Jackie Speier, a California Democrat and longtime critic of how the military handles sexual assault cases, said news of Krusinski's arrest made her physically ill.

"How many more reasons do we need to take cases of rape and sexual assault out of the chain of command?" she said.

Neil

It's what they wanted when they integrated the military.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

Biggest predators are our leaders. That's why I want to be in the 1%.

Syt

Delivering spam in Russia (I presume?).

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2013, 07:55:48 PM

Did the sexual assaultee do that to him? If so, good on her.  Although it's not totally analogous, I wonder if he told the cops "Bitch set me up!"?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Lol... apparently her miseducation kept her unaware of what Tax Day was all about.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/06/showbiz/lauryn-hill-prison/index.html

Quote"Someone did the math, and it came to around $600 million," she said. "And I sit here before you trying to figure out how to pay a tax debt? If that's not like enough to slavery, I don't know."

Boo-fucking-hoo.

CountDeMoney

Bet if she had pigtails and wore a bandana you wouldn't have a problem with it.

FunkMonk

http://youtu.be/NvS351QKFV4

West German pop music from the late 70s livens up any morning.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 07, 2013, 12:58:55 AM
Lol... apparently her miseducation kept her unaware of what Tax Day was all about.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/06/showbiz/lauryn-hill-prison/index.html

Quote"Someone did the math, and it came to around $600 million," she said. "And I sit here before you trying to figure out how to pay a tax debt? If that's not like enough to slavery, I don't know."

Boo-fucking-hoo.

Isn't the bit you quoted her just talking about how much money record company made vs. herself?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I thought today was Wednesday. :(