News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

The three way battles between Confederates, Unionists and Independistas in those states would be a fascinating addition to the Civil War. They would make the fighting in Missouri look orderly in comparison.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

And it makes you look like an idiot who's oblivious to the human side of history and is only interested in the Michael Bay explosionist version. Jerk.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

In the long term the quality of life for those in the annexed territories will be much higher. You're just critiquing things in the short term.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

The world would be much better if Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean had been annexed by the United States.

Tamas

this anti-coughing drug is good shit  :D Probably took the second piece a bit sooner than I should.

Josephus

Quote from: Phillip V on May 06, 2013, 05:53:43 AM
The world would be much better if Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean had been annexed by the United States.

Would be good for the carhood-lock business, anyways.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2013, 05:20:00 AM
The three way battles between Confederates, Unionists and Independistas in those states would be a fascinating addition to the Civil War. They would make the fighting in Missouri look orderly in comparison.

Fuck you.
and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

Is there lots of oil in northern Mexico?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

Barrister

Matt Groenig's (of Simpsons fame) mom? :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

derspiess

Quote from: fahdiz on May 06, 2013, 10:55:06 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 06, 2013, 05:20:00 AM

Fuck you.

We need to grant independence to Puerto Rico and then deport Tim there.

edit: sorry if it's already been suggested.  I'd be surprised if it hadn't.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on May 06, 2013, 12:12:20 PM
Matt Groenig's (of Simpsons fame) mom? :unsure:
I figured it'd be obvious from all the names from the show that are included in the obit. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points