News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

If the English had just given us a couple seats in Parliament, we might all be having tea and crumpets today.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 06, 2013, 10:58:32 AM
Is there lots of oil in northern Mexico?  :hmm:
Significant deposits, yes.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 06, 2013, 05:16:00 PM
If the English had just given us a couple seats in Parliament, we might all be having tea and crumpets today.  :(

I did have tea with cream this morning. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2013, 05:11:10 PM
I don't see how becoming the most powerful nation on Earth was bad for Americans.

I dunno, man...that FDU poll that came out a few days ago said 44% of registered Republicans and 29% of registered voters overall polled believe an armed rebellion could be necessary within the next few years.  Sounds like America's become quite bad for Americans.

I think they should just go ahead and try to bring it now.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2013, 05:18:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2013, 05:11:10 PM
I don't see how becoming the most powerful nation on Earth was bad for Americans.

I dunno, man...that FDU poll that came out a few days ago said 44% of registered Republicans and 29% of registered voters overall polled believe an armed rebellion could be necessary within the next few years.  Sounds like America's become quite bad for Americans.

I think they should just go ahead and try to bring it now.

:yawn:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

It'll be fun to watch.  After all, they need all those guns to protect themselves against the government;  why not get a preemptive head start?  Catch the Federal government napping and whatnot?

Tonitrus

As soon as the rebellion stirs, Janet Reno will reawaken from her long slumber and crush the uprising before it begins.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2013, 05:23:54 PM
It'll be fun to watch. 

I could understand this attitude coming from Mongers but you actually live here.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 06, 2013, 05:27:46 PM
It'll be fun to watch. 

I could understand this attitude coming from Mongers but you actually live here.

A substantial number of our countrymen believe "in the next few years, an armed revolution might be necessary in order to protect our liberties".   The Federal government's got bigger problems than me.

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 06, 2013, 05:27:46 PM
It'll be fun to watch. 

:hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Phillip V

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2013, 12:56:53 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 06, 2013, 05:53:43 AM
The world would be much better if Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean had been annexed by the United States.

In the sense that without Canada, people in the US wouldnt fully understand just how big a mistake it was to have their rebellion?

As a Catholic I don't see how my life would be better under British rule.  I'd rather not have Barrister march down my street wearing orange and throw bricks through my window.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on May 06, 2013, 06:26:18 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 06, 2013, 12:56:53 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 06, 2013, 05:53:43 AM
The world would be much better if Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean had been annexed by the United States.
In the sense that without Canada, people in the US wouldnt fully understand just how big a mistake it was to have their rebellion?
As a Catholic I don't see how my life would be better under British rule.  I'd rather not have Barrister march down my street wearing orange and throw bricks through my window.
That sort of thing only happens in Ireland.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.