News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Why do you need so many locks?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Because bad guys with tools can only be stopped by good guys with locks.

Phillip V

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 05, 2013, 08:04:31 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 05, 2013, 07:42:37 PM
Which ones?
I love This Side of Paradise. But I like the Beautiful and the Damned more than Gatsby too.
You consider This Side of Paradise more advanced than 9th grade level?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on May 05, 2013, 08:36:17 PM

To open the hood, you just unhook those two things toward the front and you can and access everything in there without opening any doors (the rubber in these latches also stretches eventually, causing the hood to flutter at highway speeds).  The doors can be taken off from the outside.  The gas door thing just opens, instead of having a little latch from the inside.  Wheels can be taken off (this applies to any car) if there aren't wheel locks on there.

Granted, I haven't had any issues with break-ins in my neighborhood, but I'm not always in the nicest parts of town for my job. 

Neil

Ah, I see.  Crime is rough.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Phillip V on May 05, 2013, 08:38:51 PM
I like it more.
Let's bomb Russia!

Phillip V

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 05, 2013, 08:51:58 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on May 05, 2013, 08:38:51 PM
I like it more.
It reminded you of your adolescence?

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 05, 2013, 08:38:05 PM
Because bad guys with tools can only be stopped by good guys with locks.

Lock, stock, and barrel.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 05, 2013, 08:40:45 PM

To open the hood, you just unhook those two things toward the front and you can and access everything in there without opening any doors (the rubber in these latches also stretches eventually, causing the hood to flutter at highway speeds).  The doors can be taken off from the outside.  The gas door thing just opens, instead of having a little latch from the inside.  Wheels can be taken off (this applies to any car) if there aren't wheel locks on there.

Granted, I haven't had any issues with break-ins in my neighborhood, but I'm not always in the nicest parts of town for my job.

I don't even lock my car doors. :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Josephus on May 05, 2013, 09:58:02 PM

I can, and sometimes do although only because I forgot, leave them unlocked at home, but there's no way in hell I'd leave anything unlocked in some of the places I have to go for work.  The last place I was at, the little punks actually broke into and tried to steal a bunch of stuff from the gym while we were using it as a staging area and were going in and out of the place (the custodians were unlocking the door for us every time we went in there).  We walked in on them trying to drag half a pallet of damn desktops over to the big garage door things that school gyms have.  Fucking morons.

E:  Seriously.  They could have just walked out with 2x each in the time that no one was in there, but no, they wanted 20.  :rolleyes:

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on May 05, 2013, 09:58:02 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 05, 2013, 08:40:45 PM

Yeah, me neither.  We don't normally lock the doors to the house either.  We just don't have a lot of crime here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

And most of it would probably have been slaver territory. Why do you hate blacks, Tim?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.