Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I'm sure she deserved it.

Phillip V

Quote from: Liep on May 02, 2013, 03:47:00 PM
Our Trade and Export Minister was kicked and beaten during a May First rally. One newspaper has it as headline, rest as a minor story, and the minister herself states that while she knows the group behind the attack (Anti-Fascist Action) she doesn't precisely know who did the actually kicking or hair pulling, so she won't report it to the police.

Really, Denmark? Really?
pics plz

11B4V

Quote from: Liep on May 02, 2013, 03:47:00 PM
Our Trade and Export Minister was kicked and beaten during a May First rally. One newspaper has it as headline, rest as a minor story, and the minister herself states that while she knows the group behind the attack (Anti-Fascist Action) she doesn't precisely know who did the actually kicking or hair pulling, so she won't report it to the police.

Really, Denmark? Really?

Why didnt the cops go all Seattle WTO on them?

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2013, 10:18:18 PM
A big ass spider thought it would be appropriate to crawl on the ground as I sat on my couch. Fucking hell no. Smashed it upon the odd Hermes catalog that showed up in the mail. <_<

Enjoy the one or two extra insect/mosquito bites you'll get this summer as a consequence.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on May 02, 2013, 04:25:19 PM
A big ass spider thought it would be appropriate to crawl on the ground as I sat on my couch. Fucking hell no. Smashed it upon the odd Hermes catalog that showed up in the mail. <_<

Enjoy the one or two extra insect/mosquito bites you'll get this summer as a consequence.   :cool:

:mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Enjoy SPILLING YOUR SEED

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 02, 2013, 04:28:20 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 02, 2013, 04:25:19 PM

:mellow:

Seriously, don't kill predator insects/animals smaller than yourself, they're ultimately you friends.  Whereas mosquitoes never are and actually can carry human diseases. 

garbon

Nope they are not my friends. I hate them and they should die.  They might eat other bugs but I consider them bugs so no net loss.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on May 02, 2013, 04:35:39 PM
Nope they are not my friends. I hate them and they should die.  They might eat other bugs but I consider them bugs so no net loss.

That pretty much puts you in the same camp as creationists ie nature is there solely for the utility/amusement of mankind, rather than being something of itself and the result of an ongoing process of evolution. 

And it's incredible short-sighted as these creatures do 'provide' unintentional benefits to you and everyone else. As well as being a store of biological and genetic diversity, that may in future prove to be beneficial. 

Liep

Quote from: Phillip V on May 02, 2013, 04:11:07 PM
pics plz

Can't find any pics, but imagine 10 masked men in black shouting at and kicking a 40-something chubby woman.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on May 02, 2013, 04:43:41 PM
That pretty much puts you in the same camp as creationists ie nature is there solely for the utility/amusement of mankind, rather than being something of itself and the result of an ongoing process of evolution. 

And it's incredible short-sighted as these creatures do 'provide' unintentional benefits to you and everyone else. As well as being a store of biological and genetic diversity, that may in future prove to be beneficial.

I think the chances of spiders dying out due to people hitting them with catalogs are roughly nil.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Damn, sometimes getting older gets depressing, not for my own sake, but as in going to check on some of my elderly (older) friends and often finding at least one of them has had a spell in hospital/brush with death, since I last saw them.  :(

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 02, 2013, 03:46:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 02, 2013, 01:03:36 PM
Miracle Whip > Mayo
Preferring Miracle Whip to real mayonnaise is poor people behavior. :)

Whatever, carpetbagger.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: mongers on May 02, 2013, 06:44:09 PM
Damn, sometimes getting older gets depressing, not for my own sake, but as in going to check on some of my elderly (older) friends and often finding at least one of them has had a spell in hospital/brush with death, since I last saw them.  :(

:( I hear you
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 02, 2013, 06:44:34 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 02, 2013, 03:46:20 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 02, 2013, 01:03:36 PM
Miracle Whip > Mayo
Preferring Miracle Whip to real mayonnaise is poor people behavior. :)

Whatever, carpetbagger.

They're both nasty.

Having said that, I did have a tiny bit of Belgian mayo with my frites tonight. Moules au gratin were the highlight, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall