News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Once again there's air traffic chaos in Germany. The Lufthansa ground crews are having a one day strike, which means that of 1720 planned Lufthansa starts in Germany, only 32 will take place.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on April 22, 2013, 06:39:32 AM
Once again there's air traffic chaos in Germany. The Lufthansa ground crews are having a one day strike, which means that of 1720 planned Lufthansa starts in Germany, only 32 will take place.

C'est Air France ou Lufthansa ?  :frog:

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on April 21, 2013, 10:29:00 PM
To hell with both of you.  Dunno why I was even bothering to watch.  Tie ballgame in the bottom of the 8th-- it's guaranteed that the Cards' shitty bullpen will implode.

Catching up on my Parks & Recreation now.

I might make a Ron Swanson style steak book.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

Lufthansa seems to have more strikes than all other employers in Germany combined.

CountDeMoney

LULZ, Been playing Words With Friends with my Mom this morning;  a tight game with about 5 points' difference and with three letters left, I drop 91 points on her.
Now she keeps declining my rematch request.  :lol:

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on April 22, 2013, 09:14:38 AM
Lufthansa seems to have more strikes than all other employers in Germany combined.

Doesn't every job group of theirs have a seperate union? Kind of like the German railroad?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

Reading the Daily Mail on a house for sale in London with a price of £250 million. I loved this comment, 'it's a bit overlooked by the neighbours.' :lol:  :bowler:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

So....I'm gonna be unemployed in two months.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Paper folding? Best of luck. Looking a a bitch
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!