Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2013, 03:47:05 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 22, 2013, 03:45:31 PM
I'm not here to educate you.   ;)

Why the fuck did you bring it up if you didn't want to discuss it?
You'd think you'd be used to that from him by now :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on March 22, 2013, 03:50:45 PM
Wrong side of bed ?

That can't be it.  You're usually like this.

You need to do some serious self examination mongers.  It's not normal human behavior to say "oh, did you know this?" and then when asked about it say "I don't want to talk about it."  Normal people introduce things into conversation that they *want* to talk about further.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2013, 03:55:03 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 22, 2013, 03:50:45 PM
Wrong side of bed ?

That can't be it.  You're usually like this.

You need to do some serious self examination mongers.  It's not normal human behavior to say "oh, did you know this?" and then when asked about it say "I don't want to talk about it."  Normal people introduce things into conversation that they *want* to talk about further.

OK, I apologise for using your oft used style of discussion. 

I assumed, wrongly that most Americans here are well versed in modern history; he is after all a well known historical figure, war veteran and has a fascinating life history. Well worth finding out about, hence my suggestion to read wiki, which now that I've looked at it, is a rather well done 4-5 page synopsis of his life.   :)

If you hadn't guessed already, I have a lot of respect for the man, which is incidentally why I find the tinfoil brigades hate of HMQ and him, both so bizarre and amusing.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fhdz

Quote from: mongers on March 22, 2013, 04:01:03 PM
I assumed, wrongly that most Americans here are well versed in modern history

You're talking to one person. How is that "most"?
and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

OK, I apologise for using your oft used style of discussion. 

:lol: Go fuck yourself mongers.

You've been relatively well behaved for a while now so I thought you had things under control.  Wrong.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: fahdiz on March 22, 2013, 04:03:04 PM
I assumed, wrongly that most Americans here are well versed in modern history

You're talking to one person. How is that "most"?

Thanks for validating his well versed in history put-down fahdiz.  You're a real pal.  :lol:

Caliga

:lol: @ Mongers

I know a lot about Prince Philip because, quite frankly, I think he's awesome, so I've gone out of my way to read up on him.  I don't think most Americans do, nor do they need to, since he is NOT a major historical figure except maybe for his role as concubine to Liz.  The fact that you think otherwise I think says more about your ignorance than it does about Yi. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2013, 04:18:30 PM
Thanks for validating his well versed in history put-down fahdiz.  You're a real pal.  :lol:

For what it's worth I agree with you 100% on the discussion of Mongers' style of communication. I should have responded to more than just his post :D
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on March 22, 2013, 04:22:28 PM
:lol: @ Mongers

I know a lot about Prince Philip because, quite frankly, I think he's awesome, so I've gone out of my way to read up on him.  I don't think most Americans do, nor do they need to, since he is NOT a major historical figure except maybe for his role as concubine to Liz.  The fact that you think otherwise I think says more about your ignorance than it does about Yi. :)

Think about how much the average Euro here knows about the various Presidential first ladies that have existed during their adult lives, so is it too much of a stretch to assume that most Americans and others on this history nerd forum would know a little bit about Prince Philip ?    :)

mongers

Quote from: fahdiz on March 22, 2013, 04:29:54 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2013, 04:18:30 PM

For what it's worth I agree with you 100% on the discussion of Mongers' style of communication. I should have responded to more than just his post :D

Hmm, you'll have to lead me through that, a point at a time.  ;)

Liep

In a rarely seen spectacle in Danish politics the Teacher's Union and the Spokesman for the Municipalities declared a breakdown in negotiation over the next two year's settlement only to, moments later in front of rolling cameras, restart the negotiations, and then again moments later to declare a new breakdown.

Conclusion, 5/6 of all teachers are locked out from April 1st.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Neil

Quote from: mongers on March 22, 2013, 03:22:42 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2013, 03:19:24 PM
He was quite the good looking young buck back in his prime.

Upper class Englishmen can have some great looking hair.

Which he wasn't really.
Sure he was.  His grandfather was Admiral of the Fleet and First Sea Lord.  His mother made sure he grew up properly, not as some greasy scumbag.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I'm trying to figure out how to use illustrator. As per usual on such things its the simple stuff that is killing me. Round corners... ARRRRRGHHHH!
██████
██████
██████

garbon

You really do seem all over the place.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.