And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on March 20, 2013, 08:01:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 20, 2013, 07:45:53 PM
I would totally assfuck the book expert woman on Pawn Stars.
:yes: Although the fact that her last name is Romney is a bit of turnoff.

Politicals.  :rolleyes:

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Is there a more formal/technical term for Gold Digger?

Fortune Hunter is a more genteel sounding (to modern ears) 19th century equivalent, but is that it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 20, 2013, 08:32:58 PM

Fortune Hunter is a more genteel sounding (to modern ears) 19th century equivalent, but is that it?
Social climber
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 20, 2013, 08:38:07 PM
Cunt.
I don't think my coworkers would approve me teaching that.  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 20, 2013, 01:05:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 20, 2013, 01:03:28 PM
Perhaps if that was a true statement. I can't think of anyone though who has said single motherhood is ideal in comparison to children having two parents.

It is a true statement.  Name a single policy, actual or proposed, that promotes two parent families.
Wasn't Daniel Moynihan the first to sound the alarm on the rise of single parent households? He was as liberal as they come.

EDIT: Disregard, he was mentioned later on.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

And I don't think there's a clear liberal/conservative dichotomy here. Labour created a rather complex child tax credit system that offers particular help to single parents. The goal was to get more single parents into work (and it did). Is the previous policy that more clearly supports two parent families more conservative if a consequence is that more single parents are on benefits?

QuoteIt is a true statement.  Name a single policy, actual or proposed, that promotes two parent families.
Joint tax filing.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on March 20, 2013, 12:24:34 AM
English language question: is there any special fancy word for a combined bed and living room (i.e. bedroom and living room are the same)?

An absolutely 100% normal living arrangement.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 20, 2013, 08:32:58 PM

Mrs. Anger.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

She is a CPA and can earn daddy some money.

garbon

There once were days when I would have topped the list. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 20, 2013, 09:16:39 PM
She is a CPA and can earn daddy some money.

Sure, maybe now.  Not when you picked her up in the "Teen Paranormal Romance" section.  :P