News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Probably making more money than most of us.  Good for the manburger.

garbon

Well I don't know that he's getting paid though he is fit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Someone is wearing their big boy pants.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

I bought a 2013 Ford Escape yesterday.  Cars are all fancy and full of screens and HUDs these days.  But it rides real nice.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

Quote from: Neil on March 14, 2013, 11:00:57 PM
I bought a 2013 Ford Escape yesterday.  Cars are all fancy and full of screens and HUDs these days.  But it rides real nice.

Generally heard good things about it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Quote from: 11B4V on March 14, 2013, 11:18:08 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 14, 2013, 11:00:57 PM

Generally heard good things about it.
My initial opinion is pretty good as well.  It rides well, it gets me up where I have a good view of traffic without being obnoxious to maneuver in a parking lot, and it's got decent pickup even though I only have the 1.6L ecoboost.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

I'm thinking about getting one of the 2011+ V6 Mustangs when I can afford it.  I was on my way, but decided to blow my monetary wad on medical services, movies, and buying chicks dinner.

Has the always-strained stigma attached to a V6 American sports car dissipated since the introduction of the newer Mustangs?  The Duratec 37 used there is not much less powerful than my old Camaro SS' LS 1.

Compared to the Mustang GT, iirc the V6 is more fuel efficient, is likely slightly less of a cop magnet without the GT brand on the side, the weight of insurance is likely less onerous, and, oh, it costs about $4000 less.

Alternatively, I might just buy a newer Camry.  I've come to rather like them.  Because of the case of old I've developed, probably.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Think I'm gonna do it, finallllllly gonna get myself a domain.
Enough deliberation, go daddy it shall be.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on March 15, 2013, 12:15:41 AM
Think I'm gonna do it, finallllllly gonna get myself a domain.
Enough deliberation, go daddy it shall be.

I thought you were breaking up with her.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on March 14, 2013, 11:28:40 PM
My initial opinion is pretty good as well.  It rides well, it gets me up where I have a good view of traffic without being obnoxious to maneuver in a parking lot, and it's got decent pickup even though I only have the 1.6L ecoboost.
Turbo engines feel really nice.  They've got a lot of low end power, which makes them feel much more peppy than peak horsepower number would indicate.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The Danish news has made some remarkable errors on the background display, recently they used a picture of Damaskus from Assassins Creed claiming it was the current day Damaskus, then they used Japan's flag instead of Greenland's.

And today while talking about famous Danish architects they showed a picture of the Triumphal Arch instead of Spreckelsen's somewhat newer building. :P

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

I just noticed that wikipedia now has an entry on the history/english course that I took my first year of college.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structured_Liberal_Education_(Stanford_University)

Talk about a low importance article.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on March 14, 2013, 11:55:32 PM
Has the always-strained stigma attached to a V6 American sports car dissipated since the introduction of the newer Mustangs?  The Duratec 37 used there is not much less powerful than my old Camaro SS' LS 1.
I don't think there's much stigma.  People will just assume that you're driving your girlfriend's car.  Because, you know, the only people who buy the newer Mustangs are people with vaginas.

Best case scenario:  They'll think that you're gay.