Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2013, 08:37:50 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 10, 2013, 09:36:09 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 10, 2013, 03:27:31 AM
Man, daylight savings time?  It's 4:30 am?  Fuck you.

We have to wait until 31 March.  :(

Weirdos.
I like that it'll be Easter weekend this year :)
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 10, 2013, 09:05:13 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2013, 08:37:50 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 10, 2013, 09:36:09 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 10, 2013, 03:27:31 AM
Man, daylight savings time?  It's 4:30 am?  Fuck you.

We have to wait until 31 March.  :(

Weirdos.
I like that it'll be Easter weekend this year :)

Given it's a predicted Zero Maximum tomorrow with 25mph nor-easterlies here in Southern England I'm hoping it'll permeanently improve over the next couple of weeks, otherwise all of those early bank holidays will be wasted. 

I'm seeing ad-hoc picnics in the Dorset countryside, but no doubt reality will let me down.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

I think I may have broken my record for using the same avatar on this forum.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

On Saturday night I had the most bizzare encounter.
I was out with some friends and the current gf. After many people went home I was walking with another friend towards the pub and we were talking about relationships. She asked me how I felt about the Tokyo girl I was quasi seeing way back when, we were talking quite loud as...who cares, nothing dirty was being said, nothing that would mean anything to practically anyone.
We walked down one street and noticed three foreign guys talking, we knew one of them so said a quick hello as we walked past. One of the strangers though....he looked like a 60s greaser....he stopped me, "Hey, I know you!"
"huh?"
"You know *tokyo girl's first name* right?"
"HUH!?!?"
"Yeah, *Tokyo girl's full name*"
holy shit.....
Turns out...this guy is her ex, the American guy she had a big serious relationship with which ended a few months before our thing. And there I had just been talking about her. I don't think he knew we'd been going out....or at least he didn't mention it. He seemed quite aggressive really. And said is was a crazy bitch. Which is nice.
This is just bizzare considering he lives in freaking Tokyo and has only the most tenuous of connections to my small city.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on March 10, 2013, 09:49:02 PM
On Saturday night I had the most bizzare encounter.
I was out with some friends and the current gf. After many people went home I was walking with another friend towards the pub and we were talking about relationships. She asked me how I felt about the Tokyo girl I was quasi seeing way back when, we were talking quite loud as...who cares, nothing dirty was being said, nothing that would mean anything to practically anyone.
We walked down one street and noticed three foreign guys talking, we knew one of them so said a quick hello as we walked past. One of the strangers though....he looked like a 60s greaser....he stopped me, "Hey, I know you!"
"huh?"
"You know *tokyo girl's first name* right?"
"HUH!?!?"
"Yeah, *Tokyo girl's full name*"
holy shit.....
Turns out...this guy is her ex, the American guy she had a big serious relationship with which ended a few months before our thing. And there I had just been talking about her. I don't think he knew we'd been going out....or at least he didn't mention it. He seemed quite aggressive really. And said is was a crazy bitch. Which is nice.
This is just bizzare considering he lives in freaking Tokyo and has only the most tenuous of connections to my small city.

That's the only important thing in the post, that's The Tell; you're planning on dumping her aren't you ?

Syt

I love today's Google Doodle for Douglas Adams' 61st birthday. The visual rendition of drinking a Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster (like having your brain smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick) and the Jatravartid religion (Great Green Arkleseizure) were particularly great. :nerd:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on March 10, 2013, 10:10:49 PM
That's the only important thing in the post, that's The Tell; you're planning on dumping her aren't you ?
Not really any time soon. Not going to be with her forever though.
I was more thinking of the past than the future.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Split the difference, make the next daylight savings 30 minutes and then never do this shit again.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

mongers

Quote from: HVC on March 11, 2013, 08:24:05 AM
Split the difference, make the next daylight savings 30 minutes and then never do this shit again.

No we have GMT here, so we couldn't consign that to history.  :bowler:

Josquius

Why does America put the clocks back anyway?
Southerners in the UK talk about stopping it enough, though we have the perfectly valid reason that it would kill Scotsmen to stop, but considering how far south the US is....
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Because modern man likes to sleep in. So Daylight Savings Time tricks us into having an extra hour of sunshine in our waking day.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on March 11, 2013, 08:29:14 AM
Why does America put the clocks back anyway?
Southerners in the UK talk about stopping it enough, though we have the perfectly valid reason that it would kill Scotsmen to stop, but considering how far south the US is....

Because we stupidly belive it saves energy. Blame the German.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

We now have a Wolf Hotline. Apparently too many called the environmental ministry about wolves, so now they're making a hotline for all the worried citizens. For the record, we have one wolf. I don't know what'll happen if we get a pack.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Quote from: Liep on March 11, 2013, 11:37:43 AM
We now have a Wolf Hotline. Apparently too many called the environmental ministry about wolves, so now they're making a hotline for all the worried citizens. For the record, we have one wolf. I don't know what'll happen if we get a pack.

Based on Denmark's recent history, surrender.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive