News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Just had my first technical interview with them asking me stuff like the difference between switches and hubs, and what are some router commands. That was painful. I only want to say how awesome I am, not actually explain stuff.  :bleeding:

Grey Fox

Those are annoying

Just like when the interviewer hands you a board & ask you to spot the fault with it.

Fuck me if I know that.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

So North Korea is vowing to end the armistice on March 11 and the Obama Administration is doing some serious saber-rattling over Iran.  Neither seems to be getting a whole lot of coverage :huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2013, 01:36:26 PM
So North Korea is vowing to end the armistice on March 11 and the Obama Administration is doing some serious saber-rattling over Iran.  Neither seems to be getting a whole lot of coverage :huh:

I've been fapping accordingly.

Ed Anger

We are all going to die from Sequesteritis.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 05, 2013, 01:31:09 PM
Those are annoying

Just like when the interviewer hands you a board & ask you to spot the fault with it.

Fuck me if I know that.
And they tricked me. I thought I was just doing a general interview with the section manager when partway through the talk, he mentioned that there was some other guy on the line and that he would ask me technical questions.

derspiess

So did we ever get an official statement from Meri on the female kicker epic fail?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I could have sworn that North Korea ended the armistice already a few years ago...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on March 05, 2013, 12:35:21 AM
Can anyone get an international flight from Korea on this site: http://flyasiana.com/english/
I just can't get to that section, it doesn't load, even using the IE it insists on :bleeding:
Works fine for me. Just book the flight through some travel portal.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on March 05, 2013, 02:02:32 PM
I could have sworn that North Korea ended the armistice already a few years ago...

Ending the armistice would either mean signing a peace treaty or resuming open hostilities, so I don't think so.

On saber-rattling, I think they had Hairplug Joe deliver the speech for a reason.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2013, 02:16:12 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 05, 2013, 02:02:32 PM

Ending the armistice would either mean signing a peace treaty or resuming open hostilities, so I don't think so.

On saber-rattling, I think they had Hairplug Joe deliver the speech for a reason.

Except they did neither, and announced the armistice was over.  More sabre rattling.

Barrister

Ah - here we go:

QuoteNorth Korea had many times said it was nullifying the Korean War Armistice that stopped, but did not officially end, the three-year war.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/06/world/asia/north-korea-threatens-to-attack-us-with-lighter-and-smaller-nukes.html?_r=0

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on March 05, 2013, 02:22:33 PM
Except they did neither, and announced the armistice was over.  More sabre rattling.

Ah, I gotcha.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on March 05, 2013, 02:24:19 PM
Ah - here we go:

QuoteNorth Korea had many times said it was nullifying the Korean War Armistice that stopped, but did not officially end, the three-year war.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/06/world/asia/north-korea-threatens-to-attack-us-with-lighter-and-smaller-nukes.html?_r=0

But did they ever officially end the armistice?  Everything I see indicates the armistice is still in place.

Barrister

They've announced they were ending it multiple times.  But then they continue to act the same as before.