News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

Quote from: DGuller on March 04, 2013, 05:26:07 PM

Yeah, I can understand comparing the passwords next to one another.  Those can be done on the client side, since you have to enter the old password before setting the new one.  However, that wouldn't work for comparing next to last password against the proposed new password.

That's true.  If it's looking at historical passwords for similarity and not exact matches there has to be a gaping security hole somewhere.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 04, 2013, 05:35:28 PM
Lola is really into "My Little Pony" now.  I've avoided the Brony waves thus far.

Every now and then, the cartoon makers slip an adult joke in there. Or reference Loony Tunes.

Stay strong brother. Purge the Brony. fear denies faith.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: DGuller on March 04, 2013, 10:23:08 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 04, 2013, 09:51:15 AM
I've decided as a challenge to try and go a whole day without eating (Just one, not gonna make a habit of it). I wonder which day would be the best....a day where I'm busy I suppose....hmmm....
It's not that difficult.
It is when you've nothing to do!
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Giving a talk about sustainable transport on Thursday; prep a bit iffy, keep changing my focus, I think instead I'll go unscripted and play it by ear. :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2013, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 04, 2013, 07:40:00 PM
sustainable transport

What is that, bicycling?

Very little, I'll be cover the container traffic revolution, the electric car vs ICE etc. I'm going to mix it up a bit, I'm not keen on people having to listen to me for 45min -1 hour, so I'll be actively encouraging a bit of back and forth. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

http://www.5-tv.ru/news/67214/

Executive summary/translation: A bunch of Ukrainian anti-drug vigilantes in Odessa, dressed as Imperial Stormtroopers, raid a seller of drug paraphernalia, burn his stock, and set off smoke bombs inside his store.  :D

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on March 04, 2013, 07:54:20 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2013, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 04, 2013, 07:40:00 PM
sustainable transport

What is that, bicycling?

Very little, I'll be cover the container traffic revolution, the electric car vs ICE etc. I'm going to mix it up a bit, I'm not keen on people having to listen to me for 45min -1 hour, so I'll be actively encouraging a bit of back and forth. 
Container traffic. :(
Bring back the clipper!
██████
██████
██████

MadImmortalMan

Dude, container traffic was one of the most revolutionary inventions in the 20th century.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

What is a good safe service website from where I can fax documents to a US ###?

Josquius

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 04, 2013, 08:51:10 PM
Dude, container traffic was one of the most revolutionary inventions in the 20th century.
But its teh ugly.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on March 04, 2013, 09:54:55 PM
But its teh ugly.

Wrong.  Container ships are rad.  I got to see one the last time I was in Charleston.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on March 04, 2013, 09:56:41 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 04, 2013, 09:54:55 PM
But its teh ugly.

Wrong.  Container ships are rad.  I got to see one the last time I was in Charleston.

Hell, watching a ship getting assembled gives me a nautical boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Can anyone get an international flight from Korea on this site: http://flyasiana.com/english/
I just can't get to that section, it doesn't load, even using the IE it insists on :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████