News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I want to get a Terrier. My girlfriend is being "only giant dogs" bitch.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2013, 03:02:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2013, 03:01:49 PM
Anyway, next time I have a dog, I want a french bulldog.

They're hilarious.

I prefer English Bulldogs.

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 15, 2013, 03:02:45 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2013, 03:00:10 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 15, 2013, 02:39:24 PM
Especially pugs. Ugh.

:o :angry:

Noisy shit machines.

Someone's doing it wrong then. Most of the one's I have known have been minor "boofers" at worst. :D

I think my mother's boxer whines more. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 15, 2013, 02:23:00 PM
Thinking about getting a dog for the kids. Only problem, the rescue shelters don't have the breeds I can tolerate. I'd like to get a German Shepard since they tend to be fanatically loyal to children.

What about a Collie, they seem good with children, don't yap too much, haven't encountered any that are neurotic and it's a very wide breed with all sorts of crosses so don't think has too many genetic issues.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Good question.  Why did Collies go out of fashion?

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 15, 2013, 03:45:01 PM
Good question.  Why did Collies go out of fashion?

I don't know, just to clarify what we in England call a Collie is a Border Collie to most of the world. I'm talking about the black and white one like these:

I didn't realise how many different breeds are called a ***** Collie.

Admiral Yi

Border Collies are the most badass breed on the planet but it always bums me out when I see such powerhouse working dogs kept as house pets.

derspiess

I like Border Collies.  They remind me of Australian Shepherds. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Hey, they buried the Mexican Ape Woman this week.  Didn't even know there was a Mexican Ape Woman.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 15, 2013, 03:59:13 PM
Border Collies are the most badass breed on the planet but it always bums me out when I see such powerhouse working dogs kept as house pets.

One of my sister's dogs is a border collie mix;  that dog is all Red Bull and cocaine, all the time.  When I take her to the park, she gasses all the other dogs.  She should be out somewhere, herding something.

derspiess

My buddy's chocolate lab comes from a really good line of hunting dogs.  She'll instinctively point every now & then.  Awesome dog.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2013, 04:08:53 PM
My buddy's chocolate lab comes from a really good line of hunting dogs.  She'll instinctively point every now & then.  Awesome dog.

I thought Labs were fetching dogs.  :hmm:

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 15, 2013, 04:09:35 PM
Quote from: derspiess on February 15, 2013, 04:08:53 PM

I thought Labs were fetching dogs.  :hmm:

Fuck if I know.  Just going on what I was told (and saw).

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2013, 04:05:21 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 15, 2013, 03:59:13 PM

One of my sister's dogs is a border collie mix;  that dog is all Red Bull and cocaine, all the time.  When I take her to the park, she gasses all the other dogs.  She should be out somewhere, herding something.

Yeah my neighbour as some, couple of generations worth, and now the owners are older and the kids adult, they've resorted to taking them for walks via bikes and even then it doesn't tire them one bit.

Seem to be able to run at 12-15 mph all day.  :cool: