News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Thinking about getting a dog for the kids. Only problem, the rescue shelters don't have the breeds I can tolerate. I'd like to get a German Shepard since they tend to be fanatically loyal to children.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 15, 2013, 02:23:00 PM
Thinking about getting a dog for the kids. Only problem, the rescue shelters don't have the breeds I can tolerate. I'd like to get a German Shepard since they tend to be fanatically loyal to children.

They are awesome. If I ever get a dog it will be a German Shepherd. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Big 'ol doofus dogs.  :)

I want one named Blondie.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 15, 2013, 02:23:00 PM

Canine raciss.
Shepards and shepard mixes are rare, but they do show up from time to time.

Also, breed identification by sight is inaccurate.  What looks like a pit bull isn't always a pit bull, and there are many types.  DNA breed testing is available for about $50 a test.

QuoteVisual breed identification in dogs is unreliable, so for most of the dogs we are only guessing at predominant breed or breed mix. We get to know each dog as an individual and do our best to describe each dog based on personality, not breed label.

So there.

Ed Anger

I am guilty of canine racism. I really can't stand a lot of breeds of dogs. Especially pugs. Ugh.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

I can dress up like a luft stalag commandant now.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 15, 2013, 03:00:40 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2013, 03:00:10 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 15, 2013, 02:39:24 PM
Especially pugs. Ugh.

:o :angry:

They're the PT Cruisers of the dog world, man.

Pfft. My family's dog growing up was awesome. :wub:

Anyway, next time I have a dog, I want a french bulldog.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 15, 2013, 03:01:49 PM
Anyway, next time I have a dog, I want a french bulldog.

They're hilarious.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.