News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Never having had the patience to do it when I was a kid I've finally finished Final Fantasy 8. I feel dissapointed.
And :hmm:
http://squallsdead.com/
It would explain the change in tone and the way the game is less good after the first disc...
██████
██████
██████

LaCroix

Quote from: Tyr on February 07, 2013, 08:28:42 AM
Never having had the patience to do it when I was a kid I've finally finished Final Fantasy 8. I feel dissapointed.
And :hmm:
http://squallsdead.com/
It would explain the change in tone and the way the game is less good after the first disc...

why, you impudent..  :D

but no, FF8 is amazing, easily the best final fantasy i've ever played. sure, the emo romance is hilarious at times, and the combat system is utterly broken if you exploit it, but the rest of it is perfect. it is a flawed gem that most hate, i'll admit that. but it is fantastic

Neil

Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 08:33:10 AM
but no, FF8 is amazing, easily the best final fantasy i've ever played. sure, the emo romance is hilarious at times, and the combat system is utterly broken if you exploit it, but the rest of it is perfect. it is a flawed gem that most hate, i'll admit that. but it is fantastic
Yep.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 06, 2013, 09:26:32 PM
DerFachist & I don't agree on much but this, this is living the life.

To eat until you explode?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

LaCroix

Quote from: Neil on February 07, 2013, 08:51:33 AM
Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 08:33:10 AM
Yep.

exactly! people who hate FF8 are akin to people who hate alien 3. they just can't let go of one little aspect  :P ;)

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on February 06, 2013, 10:39:27 PM
I miss being able to buy fresh crabs by the bushel :(

I stayed in a B&B type place in BC where what you got for dinner in your cabin was a plastic tub filled with steamed crabs, a jar of melted butter, and a shell-cracker.

'twas heavenly.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 09:19:58 AM
exactly! people who hate FF8 are akin to people who hate alien 3. they just can't let go of one little aspect  :P ;)

:huh:  Alien 3 only had one little aspect wrong?

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 07, 2013, 09:21:22 AM

to most people who hate the movie, yes. newt and hicks "dying so disrespectfully and so quickly."  :D

others will have their issues with the film, i'm sure, but a vast majority of people who dislike the movie tend to reveal their issue with it starts there

(edit) i guess i'll add.. oh boy, here we go!  :(

Grey Fox

Snow cover back in late January 2013.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2013, 08:27:18 PM
At the same time, it is a shame that we often have to feign respect for people.
:yes: I know how you feel, sir.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on February 07, 2013, 01:41:30 PM
Quote from: garbon on February 06, 2013, 08:27:18 PM
At the same time, it is a shame that we often have to feign respect for people.
:yes: I know how you feel, sir.

I don't think I've ever asked or implied for your feigned respect. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

He's just worried about your knife.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: LaCroix on February 07, 2013, 09:26:15 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 07, 2013, 09:21:22 AM

to most people who hate the movie, yes. newt and hicks "dying so disrespectfully and so quickly."  :D

Such bullshit.

Quote(edit) i guess i'll add.. oh boy, here we go!  :(

Yup.  Let's start this shit storm.

Eddie Teach

I guess I probably ought to see the Alien movies.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?