News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 21, 2013, 08:52:50 PM
Geico commercials with the two idiot folk guitar players are really pissing me off.

I left the 80's specifically to get away from Eddie Money.

:hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

This week it must be done. I need to finally confirm I won't be staying in my job after August.
Thus the horror and agony of job searching can begin (stupid early so nothing will be available...) :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I need new shoes. For the past 14 years, I've been buying skate shoes and I think it's time to move on. However, I don't know where to aim myself?

Languish I turn to you, what are appropriate shoes nowadays?

Everyday shoes, I've got dress shoes, boots, etc already.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

You mean the shoes with the little wheels that pop out and turn the shoes into rollerskates?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 22, 2013, 08:59:55 AM
I need new shoes. For the past 14 years, I've been buying skate shoes and I think it's time to move on. However, I don't know where to aim myself?

Languish I turn to you, what are appropriate shoes nowadays?

Everyday shoes, I've got dress shoes, boots, etc already.

I have a similar problem, I always wear activity shoes, sort of a light fabric walking boot/shoe with a thick stiff sole, saving for when I got to funerals.
This week, due to the snow, for the first time in years, I was stuck with what to wear, how do I get up to the town through this slushing snow/mud ?   :hmm:

Maybe I also need some alternative footwear, I know I've some wellingtons in a shed, but I'd have to prize them away from the spiders. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Grey Fox

Quote from: sbr on January 22, 2013, 09:17:37 AM
You mean the shoes with the little wheels that pop out and turn the shoes into rollerskates?

Yes.  :lol:  ;)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

I only wear proper shoes at weddings and funerals.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 21, 2013, 09:21:28 PM
I just saw the Pink Covergirl ad. I just lost my erection.

Ugh.  Yeah, that'll do it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

Bought some cheap bike pedals, that I have several of already, but wanted a spare set for when some of the others wear out.

So you'd expect them to be made in China, maybe now in Vietnam or Indonesia for such a low value product.... WFT Made In Japan. :blink: 

That explains why the bearings are so good and haven't worn out yet.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

They got rid of thier Air Force so bombs away.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

I save nearly 50% buying DVDs of a Canadian tv series from amazon.ca over the same DVDs from amazon.com, even though we have near parity on currency value. :hmm:

Eddie Teach

It's cause the Canadians subsidize their programming.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?