News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Note passed to a BYU student:

The harlot!

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on January 15, 2013, 04:33:25 PM

The harlot!

Can't see the whole note, but I'd think one would expect crap like that when going to a Mormon school.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Some kids like to feel special by making themselves feel offended.  Film at 11.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 04:36:37 PM
Quote from: The Larch on January 15, 2013, 04:33:25 PM

The harlot!

Can't see the whole note, but I'd think one would expect crap like that when going to a Mormon school.

Yeah I'm getting that; a pretty young woman, what 18-19 modestly dressed, so it's odd on to be a religious school Mormon, maybe a Brigham Young type college.

Though I guess the underlying motivation is young women taking any opportunity to bitch/complain/rundown another, possibly vulnerable, woman, if she was wearing a Hijab, it would be the that or if at a muslim school, that she was wearing dark nail vanish.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

She went to BYU, she should expect such shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Mongers, BYU is Brigham Young.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2013, 05:30:46 PM

Heah, only just twigged that.   :P

But, give me credit, I did know about it's existence; can you or any North American name the only UK private faith based university ?  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: mongers on January 15, 2013, 05:33:29 PM

But, give me credit, I did know about it's existence; can you or any North American name the only UK private faith based university ?  :hmm:

Are they as big and well-known in the UK as BYU is here?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Mormons are filled with loathing and hatred.  They hide it by seeming nice, but when they drink they all turn into jerks.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 05:38:58 PM

The same BYU that is ranked 71st by US News?

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2013, 05:38:58 PM

But really, the only thing that BYU is known for is tight ends affiliated with the Ravens.  At least that's all I know about them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on January 15, 2013, 05:26:30 PM
Though I guess the underlying motivation is young women taking any opportunity to bitch/complain/rundown another, possibly vulnerable, woman, if she was wearing a Hijab, it would be the that or if at a muslim school, that she was wearing dark nail vanish.

That reminds me, while on the Gold Coast I saw something odd that looked like people wearing full body wet suits, complete with hoods pulled up over their heads, while playing in the surf near the beach.  This was odd because the water temperature was very warm.

On closer inspection it was a group of middle eastern girls and women playing in the surf in what can only be desribed as bathing suits that only showed their faces.  I should have taken a picture -Seedy would have loved it. 

DGuller

Question for Languish cooks:  is it safe to eat steak that has a very light lime-green tint to it?  I just bought it yesterday and kept it refrigerated, and it doesn't seem to reek of an expired steak.

Josquius

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 15, 2013, 06:17:39 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 15, 2013, 05:26:30 PM

That reminds me, while on the Gold Coast I saw something odd that looked like people wearing full body wet suits, complete with hoods pulled up over their heads, while playing in the surf near the beach.  This was odd because the water temperature was very warm.

On closer inspection it was a group of middle eastern girls and women playing in the surf in what can only be desribed as bathing suits that only showed their faces.  I should have taken a picture -Seedy would have loved it. 
heh, I've seen those before. It was at a beach in Sweden. It was particularly an amusing contrast because you had these muslim folk in their ninja suits side by side with bikini wearing Swedes.
██████
██████
██████