And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 18, 2012, 11:53:16 AM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 18, 2012, 11:19:04 AM
Also, my area was CONSTANTLY being sub-parititioned for the VTCs that the Captain insisted on having.  He's LOVES his face time with the flag officers.   <_<

:bleeding:

Powerpoint, VTC equipment, and high-speed encrypted data links have formed an unholy trinity of military brass mental masturbation.

Yes.  It's gone way too far.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 12:06:07 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 18, 2012, 12:02:03 PM
Wouldn't that joke work better as the Gdansk shipyard? :nerd:

:weep:

Actually given that it involves Polacks a Warsaw shipyard would probably be more appropriate :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on December 18, 2012, 12:08:43 PM
Actually given that it involves Polacks a Warsaw shipyard would probably be more appropriate :contract:

:mellow:

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 12:16:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 18, 2012, 12:08:43 PM

:mellow:

Never mind, then.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2012, 12:16:41 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 11:59:02 AM
Invented at the Warsaw Gdansk shipyard.
:)

edit: me = late :(

Have you been hitting the pipe again?  It's a freakin' Polack joke.  Polacks do things bass-ackwards, like building shipyards away from the sea.

AnchorClanker

:hmm:  I love that there's variations of this theme in almost every culture... the Lebanese make Syrian jokes, etc.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 18, 2012, 12:29:49 PM
:hmm:  I love that there's variations of this theme in almost every culture... the Lebanese make Syrian jokes, etc.

Texans make Okie jokes.  Longhorns make Aggie jokes.  Sometimes they mix:

Q: What happened when the Aggie moved to Oklahoma?
A: The average IQ of both states went up 3 points.

:P

CountDeMoney

I liked how they'd insult each others' mustaches. 

OOOH YOU THREW A SHOE AT ME, WHAT A TOUGH GUY

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 18, 2012, 12:48:10 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 18, 2012, 12:29:49 PM

Texans make Okie jokes.  Longhorns make Aggie jokes.  Sometimes they mix:

Q: What happened when the Aggie moved to Oklahoma?
A: The average IQ of both states went up 3 points.

:P

Iowa and Missouri, Indiana and Kentucky, Oregon/Washington and Idaho, lol.

FunkMonk

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 18, 2012, 12:04:01 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 18, 2012, 11:53:16 AM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 18, 2012, 11:19:04 AM
Also, my area was CONSTANTLY being sub-parititioned for the VTCs that the Captain insisted on having.  He's LOVES his face time with the flag officers.   <_<

:bleeding:

Powerpoint, VTC equipment, and high-speed encrypted data links have formed an unholy trinity of military brass mental masturbation.

Yes.  It's gone way too far.

I was the "VTC guy" for several O-6s at TRANSCOM. I wanted to kill myself.   :( :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Speaking of the Gdansk shipyards(IGET THE JOKE), I was there. Outdated and a bit rusty, but still plugging away. Not a whole lot of workers though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 12:25:26 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 18, 2012, 12:16:41 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 18, 2012, 11:59:02 AM
Invented at the Warsaw Gdansk shipyard.
:)

edit: me = late :(
Have you been hitting the pipe again?  It's a freakin' Polack joke.  Polacks do things bass-ackwards, like building shipyards away from the sea.
Don't worry Yi.  I understood you.

Besides, only retards call Danzig Gdansk.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 18, 2012, 04:05:34 PM
Speaking of the Gdansk shipyards(IGET THE JOKE), I was there. Outdated and a bit rusty, but still plugging away. Not a whole lot of workers though.

The Gdansk shipyards led the movement against communism in Poland, demanding better working conditions. They won, but since their shipyard was internationally non-competitive they lost their jobs.

There is a Polish joke in there somewhere.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014