News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Thank you, Delta, for emailing me 30 minutes before boarding that the flight has been delayed. The birds in the terminal are also a nice touch.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

My flight was also delayed 2.5 hours. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2012, 06:29:45 PM
My flight was also delayed 2.5 hours. <_<

You have time to sneak across the river for a quickie with Dguller.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Thankfully I'm now far away. It's currently 75 here. :)

DGuller

HEY, I'M RIGHT HERE.  Good thing you're not.

Tonitrus

QuoteUniversity of Chicago stumped by package addressed to Indiana Jones
Published December 16, 2012
Associated Press
CHICAGO –  University of Chicago officials are puzzled by a mystery piece of mail seemingly linked to the Indiana Jones movie series.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the university's admissions department received a package last week addressed to "Henry Walton Jones Jr." That's the main character's name in the popular film franchise that began in 1980s.
The package contained a replica of the journal from the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" film -- and no explanation.
University officials turned to Tumblr for answers.
Admissions counselor Grace Chapin says one theory is that it's an "alternate reality" game where players plant clues for others.
Officials with Lucasfilm, the studio that made the movies, say they weren't responsible for the package.
University officials say they haven't decided what to do with the journal.

:hmm:

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2012, 09:22:32 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on December 15, 2012, 07:38:30 PM
What, the heir can't keep the Mustang if they want it?  :mad:

Sounds a little shady to me.  :lol:  Damned lawyers.  "Why, no ma'am...we have to sell the classic car...yeah...sell it."

I don't see any reason why they'd have to sell it if cousin is the sole heir and the estate's debts can be handled with liquid.  Sell-off of property is more necessary when someone dies intestate and there are a hundred heirs at law, like when my fiftieth cousin in the eighth parentela or whatever died and I got a thousand bucks from the disposition of his farm.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 17, 2012, 01:08:02 AM
Associated Press
CHICAGO –  University of Chicago officials are puzzled by a mystery piece of mail seemingly linked to the Indiana Jones movie series.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the university's admissions department received a package last week addressed to "Henry Walton Jones Jr." That's the main character's name in the popular film franchise that began in 1980s.
The package contained a replica of the journal from the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" film -- and no explanation.
Admissions counselor Grace Chapin says one theory is that it's an "alternate reality" game where players plant clues for others.
Officials with Lucasfilm, the studio that made the movies, say they weren't responsible for the package.

You take it to the Valley of the Crescent Moon, dummies.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

I'm flying to England on Friday, have to be up 4ish for a 5am bus.
Wonder whether its worth getting 3 or 4 hours sleep or if this would be bad and I should just burn through and let the bus journey and the flight go quicker.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 17, 2012, 01:08:02 AM
Associated Press
CHICAGO –  University of Chicago officials are puzzled by a mystery piece of mail seemingly linked to the Indiana Jones movie series.

Who turns to tumblr for answers? :wacko:

MadImmortalMan

Silvio is engaged to a 27 year old hottie. That guy is living the dream. Or, you know, until he goes to jail.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

AnchorClanker

82 days on a submarine with NO PORT CALLS sucks.  On the other hand, the food was pretty good.  My trusty defense mechanism, narcoleptic anxiety, also kicked in with some ferocity.  It's good to be home, lol.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

HVC

You pass out under stress? Maybe you picked the wrong career :lol:

Although its cute when goats do it, so who knows maybe it works for ya :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: HVC on December 17, 2012, 04:05:24 PM
You pass out under stress? Maybe you picked the wrong career :lol:

Although its cute when goats do it, so who knows maybe it works for ya :D

No no, it's that I was so stressed out and pissed off that I was sleeping pretty much whenever I wasn't on shift and still didn't feel rested.  I am a CHAMPION sleeper.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

derspiess

Quote from: AnchorClanker on December 17, 2012, 04:13:39 PM
No no, it's that I was so stressed out and pissed off that I was sleeping pretty much whenever I wasn't on shift and still didn't feel rested.  I am a CHAMPION sleeper.

That's pretty much what I do on a smaller scale when I'm on a business trip.

Welcome back :cheers:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall