News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 09, 2012, 08:31:35 PM
Thinking about buying the kids those Nintendo 3DS XL handhelds with Mario cart for 159 bucks. Best buy has them for that price.

Damn kids have it good these days. I had a rock.

Wife came home with one of these last night.  She won it in some kind of free raffle/auction thing they have for managers where she works.  Guess I'm going to have to hold on to some of Tommy's Christmas presents and turn them into birthday presents for next month-- otherwise this will be his biggest Christmas haul by far and he's already too spoiled.

Anyway, I guess I need to run out & buy some games for yet another damned gaming system :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Quote from: Liep on December 12, 2012, 08:08:28 AM
Somewhere in Malmø a woman is waiting for a train wherein she expects a package will be in the 2nd wagon on the shelf to the right, as agreed upon with her Danish friends. I'm assuming.

It was Gøteborg, but besides that I was right.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 12, 2012, 02:26:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 09, 2012, 08:31:35 PM
Thinking about buying the kids those Nintendo 3DS XL handhelds with Mario cart for 159 bucks. Best buy has them for that price.

Damn kids have it good these days. I had a rock.

Wife came home with one of these last night.  She won it in some kind of free raffle/auction thing they have for managers where she works.  Guess I'm going to have to hold on to some of Tommy's Christmas presents and turn them into birthday presents for next month-- otherwise this will be his biggest Christmas haul by far and he's already too spoiled.

Anyway, I guess I need to run out & buy some games for yet another damned gaming system :mellow:

Go ahead and spoil him.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 12, 2012, 04:31:04 PM
Go ahead and spoil him.  :)

We probably will regardless.  But I'm still holding back some stuff for his birthday. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

That concert must have been absolutely bizarre.  :wacko:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/dec/12/paul-mccartney-kurt-cobain-nirvana

Paul McCartney will fill the role of Kurt Cobain when he plays with the surviving members of Nirvana at the 12.12.12 concert for victims of Superstorm Sandy on Wednesday night.

The former Beatle will join Foo Fighters singer Dave Grohl and bassist Krist Novoselic on stage in New York to play a new song after secretly working with the pair.

A spokesman confirmed that Grohl recently asked McCartney to come along to "jam with some mates".

The former Beatle suggested they "just make something up" and found himself playing with Grohl on drums, bassist Novoselic and guitarist Pat Smear, who toured with Nirvana for the last six months of the band's career.

Kurt Cobain took his own life in April 1994.

McCartney said: "I didn't really know who they were. They are saying how good it is to be back together. I said: 'Whoa? You guys haven't played together for all that time?'

"And somebody whispered to me: 'That's Nirvana. You're Kurt.' I couldn't believe it."

The Rolling Stones, Jon Bon Jovi, Eric Clapton, Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and Kanye West will also play at the 12.12.12 concert for victims of Superstorm Sandy at Madison Square Garden in New York.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Hasn't happened yet, Tim. You can watch it on You Tube.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

They really booked Cobain ahead of time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Rumor has it that Chuck Hagel is going to be a shoe-in for Secretary of Defense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Lettow77

I have a paper due in some eight hours, an exam in less than six, and I haven't slept at all tonight.

What I am doing is listening to this song on repeat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU0o827DSJ0

The lyrics are just too arousing
marching in the cold of the enemy's country
without the intent to return alive

Sooo glamorous~

THE PORTSMOUTH TREATY WAS ROBBERY
Manchuria and karafuto are rightfully the domain of Japan, a wild frontier civilized and developed at massive expanditure of blood and treasure

I have sent my favorite otome a letter outlining how she, as a proper japanese lady, must play her part in reclaiming the unredeemed kitaguni from the russian despoiler

I have every anticipation of an amenable reply
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Syt

NOOOOO!

Radio changes to Last.fm from Tuesday 15 January 2013

Last.fm is making some important changes to the radio services we offer around the world. We have considered these changes carefully, in response to various factors that affect our business differently in parts of the world.

The key changes are as follows:

In the United States, United Kingdom and Germany, radio in the desktop client is now a subscription feature, as it is elsewhere.
    In Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and Brazil, there will be no significant changes to our service.
    Unfortunately, in all other countries, we are no longer offering a radio service after this date.

We are always looking at ways to bring music to more people, when it can be done so economically, and we hope to be able to open streaming to a wider audience in the future.
:cry:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Thats weird, already it was in decline with there been a bazillion other sites doing similar stuff better.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2012, 12:21:31 AM
Rumor has it that Chuck Hagel is going to be a shoe-in for Secretary of Defense.

:secret:  It's shoo-in.

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on December 13, 2012, 10:07:08 AM
Thats weird, already it was in decline with there been a bazillion other sites doing similar stuff better.

I ws rather happy with their offering. Recommend me alternatives that are available in Austria.

EDIT: Turns out Spotify has finally made it to Austria.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on December 13, 2012, 10:20:41 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2012, 12:21:31 AM

:secret:  It's shoo-in.

I didn't know that.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien