News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

Got snow last nite. Fun but I'm not a fan of getting up at 5h30 to go shovel it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on December 10, 2012, 11:18:44 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 09, 2012, 08:31:35 PM
Thinking about buying the kids those Nintendo 3DS XL handhelds with Mario cart for 159 bucks. Best buy has them for that price.

Damn kids have it good these days. I had a rock.

The wife keeps telling me I need to get one of those for Tommy.  She also brings up getting a Wii every now & then.  But we have two Xbox 360s (one of which is in his room FFS), a PS3 and a PSP-- plus the iPad and various Android devices he can play games on.  Nobody loves gadgets more than I do, but I don't want yet another gaming system I'll have to buy games for.  Standardization ueber alles.

I want to pwn them at Mario Cart.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

QuoteSAN FRANCISCO—Frustrated with the poor quality of lists the website's writers have produced as of late, BleacherReport.com editor Eric Briggs threatened Monday to force the staff to rank things "all fucking night" if he had to. "What do you fucking think this is? It's Bleacher Report. Pick any fucking sports shit and rank it," said Briggs, before angrily slamming shut the laptop of a young writer he found working on a 4,000-word feature on the legacy of racial prejudice in tennis. "I don't give a shit if you're tired. Rank the goddamn top 10 fingers on Tom Brady's hands if you have to. Just shit something out, and people will click through it." Briggs added that if he did not have 400 new lists ready to put up on the website the next morning, the staff could "say goodbye" to their "cushy-ass $5-a-post jobs."

Grey Fox

Reality.

Tennis is racist?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 10, 2012, 06:47:22 AM
Investment banks?  Really?  That's the example you're going to use?   GOLDMAN SACHS CARES ABOUT THEIR WORKERS

C'mon.

This lacks your usual spark.

Of course Goldman Sachs doesn't care about their workers.  Goldman Sachs isn't a person, and neither are Random House or Hostess.  They're both pieces of paper sitting in a filing cabinet in Delaware.

And more importantly, the job market isn't about caring.  How much did you care about the various places you've worked?  It's about employees performing work that generates income for their employer, in return for which they get paid money. 

MadImmortalMan

What do women's size 2 pants translate to for waist size in inches?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 10, 2012, 02:10:34 PM
How much did you care about the various places you've worked?

Obviously more than they cared about me.  I won't make that mistake again.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 10, 2012, 11:48:23 PM

*This* little.  Maybe 24 or 26.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 10, 2012, 01:46:25 PM
wut
:lol:

Even I got it.

That may be because I've used the Internet before and am familiar with the concept of shitty lists substituting for content.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 10, 2012, 11:48:23 PM

It's short for "2 fat, 2 old."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

:lmfao:  Number 6 is the best one.