News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2012, 01:18:19 AM
Maybe knowing how to unprotect a PDF is one of the job requirements.  :hmm:  :ph34r:

One's an English teaching job, the other is a grad school doc for a degree in Public Policy.
And I already tried the obvious passwords. :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Phillip V

The California Federation of Teachers released a new educational video yesterday to explain the reason for rising income inequality and declining education funding.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100280187

Josquius

I don't get the thing for hipsters to have beards these days.
Though its good, sets them ever more apart from me.
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 07, 2012, 01:17:05 AM
Why do so many places have write-protected pdf applications and then expect me to fill them out and email them?
I can't fill it out because you fucking morons have protected the doc and disallowed entering text!
In Asia?
Probally expecting you to fax it I guess
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Last night was just about the worst conditions I have ever driven in. Not much snow, but I could see my reflection in the continous sheet of ice covering the roads.

Admiral Yi

I thought PDFs were by definition read-only.

Print the PDF, fill it out by hand, then scan it and attached the scanned PDF to your email.

CountDeMoney

Adobe Reader is;  Adobe Acrobat is the big ticket item that lets you muck about with the format.

But yeah, HMB--print it out, scan and email, or fax it.

Grey Fox

You can make fill able PDFs that can be fill with using only a reader. Sometimes you can't save it tho.

It's convenient, we let you fill on your computer but you still gotta print it out & mail it.  :rolleyes:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 07, 2012, 07:08:03 AM
You can make fill able PDFs that can be fill with using only a reader. Sometimes you can't save it tho.

It's convenient, we let you fill on your computer but you still gotta print it out & mail it.  :rolleyes:

I remember a brief time with tax forms that way.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Breaking News:

The wolf-like creature that was found last month in Northern Jutland (where no wolves where thought to live) has been examined and it is indeed a wolf!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

No mountain lions are "thought to live" in this part of the US either, but people see them, photograph them, and even get them on video all the time. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

Well, it was 199 years since a wolf was last seen in Denmark, that warrants such a label. Apparently also warrants headlining stories for several weeks. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on December 07, 2012, 12:25:23 PM
No mountain lions are "thought to live" in this part of the US either, but people see them, photograph them, and even get them on video all the time. :hmm:

This is true here as well, which I guess is true.   The only confirmed cases of a mountain lion sighting is when one is either shot or hit by a car.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on December 07, 2012, 01:47:32 AM
The California Federation of Teachers released a new educational video yesterday to explain the reason for rising income inequality and declining education funding.

:lol: Nice.  Too bad they took out the part where the fat cat pees on everyone.

Liep

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tyr on December 07, 2012, 02:08:01 AM
I don't get the thing for hipsters to have beards these days.
Though its good, sets them ever more apart from me.
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 07, 2012, 01:17:05 AM
Why do so many places have write-protected pdf applications and then expect me to fill them out and email them?
I can't fill it out because you fucking morons have protected the doc and disallowed entering text!
In Asia?
Probally expecting you to fax it I guess

American.

One I can print, fill by hand and mail, I guess.
The other is supposed to be email only. Gonna check my version of Adobe Reader for updates, then check with them and see which version they recommend.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help