News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I was thinking maybe a crossbow.  Might be a bit easier...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

sbr

I just walked past a contractor here who appears to be getting ready to do some asbestos abatement tonight.  The name on his shirt is Minority Abatement Contractors.

The GOP should have hired them before the election.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on November 30, 2012, 04:42:53 AM
I am reading that using the whole illegal phone tapping scandal, the UK will have a media authority.

Great.  :rolleyes:
You're reading wrong.
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 30, 2012, 07:41:58 PM
Quote from: Tamas on November 30, 2012, 04:42:53 AM
I am reading that using the whole illegal phone tapping scandal, the UK will have a media authority.

Great.  :rolleyes:
You're reading wrong.

Cut him some slack, his gypsy kind doesn't read well.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

He thought it was a beet growing spell.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I should have an ancestral portrait made. Except I'll have the artist paint me in Greek armor. Spartan armor.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2012, 09:33:40 PM
I should have an ancestral portrait made. Except I'll have the artist paint me in Greek armor. Spartan armor.

Have him the artist take liberal license, and paint your wife as a Nubian warrior goddess in chain mail and a perfect spherical afro.  On black velvet.

Ed Anger

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2012, 10:29:30 PM

Have him the artist take liberal license, and paint your wife as a Nubian warrior goddess in chain mail and a perfect spherical afro.  On black velvet.

That would be Awesome!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2012, 12:47:42 AM
For EUR 159.- you can now rent a supervised hour in a professional level Airbus A320 simulator cockpit here in Vienna (60 minutes flight, plus briefing/debriefing, and you get to pick out of 24,000 airports around the world) . . .  :hmm:

I've flown several such simulators. It's pretty damn fun.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on November 30, 2012, 10:39:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2012, 10:29:30 PM

That would be Awesome!

One of seedy's bestest ideas yet. The kids will be next to my chair, acting as my praetorians.

Too bad it's this close to Christmas, it would have made for a neat Christmas card.

Aunt: what the fuck is my nephew on?

Lettow77

I imagine languish is fairly well cloistered off from the world of tea-based blogging.

Just as well, but you are missing this kind of gem:

In Yuzu Dreamâ„¢, the creamy mouthfeel and semi-sweetness of the artisanal green tea harmonizes beautifully with the citrusy tang, orange blossom fragrance, and rose notes of the yuzu. Yuzu fruit is grown on small, independent orchards in Kumamoto, where the ripened yuzu are hand picked and the peel is specially sun dried into nuggets bursting with flavor.
:lol:

goodness gracious, but that's delightful
5 あらあら out of 5
would creamy mouthfeel again
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: 11B4V on November 29, 2012, 11:22:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbuNmsr0s_4

:lol:

The revealing moment is when the one guy is ultimately too afraid to do the counter guy in the face with a chair.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Creamy mouthfeel is nice.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I'd go with Roman.  The Spartans wore a goofy ensemble.  Their native armor was often cuirass and then no pants.  They just had their ass and nuts hanging out.  At least the Romans wore that little skirt thing for decency sake.  They also wore a helmet that looked like an upside down urn on their head.  I think some of them did adopt the Corinthian style helmet eventually, but they were known for the "vase on the head" look.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017