News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

For EUR 159.- you can now rent a supervised hour in a professional level Airbus A320 simulator cockpit here in Vienna (60 minutes flight, plus briefing/debriefing, and you get to pick out of 24,000 airports around the world) . . .  :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

I can think of far worse uses for that money.  Sounds neat.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 29, 2012, 06:59:07 PM
Thank God that in political and economic times like these, we have Joe Biden.
Agreed :wub:

I love how serious his face is here:
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on November 30, 2012, 12:06:19 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 29, 2012, 11:22:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbuNmsr0s_4

:lol:

The dude in tne NO Saints jersey really takes after his favorite team.

No shit.  Butters was knocked the fuck silly.  And his wigger buddy knocked himself out with the counter.  :lol:

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2012, 12:47:42 AM
For EUR 159.- you can now rent a supervised hour in a professional level Airbus A320 simulator cockpit here in Vienna (60 minutes flight, plus briefing/debriefing, and you get to pick out of 24,000 airports around the world) . . .  :hmm:
Do you get to fly the plane, or do you just monitor simulated auto-pilot in flight?

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2012, 12:47:42 AM
Do it. Practice suicide runs on the pentagon. See what happens.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Phillip V

Obama and Romney spend an hour with each other talking.

Syt

Quote from: Habbaku on November 30, 2012, 01:00:49 AM
I can think of far worse uses for that money.  Sounds neat.

I've looked closer and it seems you "assist" in the flying, i.e. basically some co-pilot-y stuff. Could still be rather neat.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

I am reading that using the whole illegal phone tapping scandal, the UK will have a media authority.

Great.  :rolleyes:

CountDeMoney

Quote'Bow and arrow-type' attack leaves 3 dead in Casper, Wyo., officials say

Three people were killed Friday in an attack involving a bow and arrow-type weapon at Casper College in Casper, Wyo., police and college officials said.

The attack occurred before 9 a.m. (7 a.m. ET) at the physical science center, said Rich Fujita, a spokesman for the college.

Police told NBC station KCWY of Casper that two of the bodies were found on campus. One was a male faculty member, and the other appeared to be of "student age," Fujita said. At least one of them had been stabbed with a "bow and arrow type" weapon, police said.

The third body was found about 2 miles off campus, police said; no cause of death was reported.

The suspected attacker was among those killed, police said at a news conference Wednesday afternoon. The suspect, who apparently committed suicide, wasn't a current student at Casper College, and the incident doesn't appear to be school-related, police said.

The campus was locked down temporarily while police checked for other suspects, but the lockdown was later lifted. An alert on the community college's website said that all classes and activities had been canceled and that counselors were being provided for the colleges faculty, students and staff.

Casper College is a two-year community college of 4,400 students in Wyoming's second-largest city.

The school has a small security team on campus, but they're not armed. 

"It's such a small town that Casper police is very close," Fujita said.

mongers

Just how callous have 'we' got on languish; my initial reaction was "tricky committing suicide with a bow an arrow".   :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Saw that.  In the state where everyone owns 14 guns of all kinds, some idiot former student freaks out and goes all Rambo at Casper College...

I do wonder how he killed himself with a bow.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on November 30, 2012, 05:35:21 PM
Saw that.  In the state where everyone owns 14 guns of all kinds, some idiot former student freaks out and goes all Rambo at Casper College...

I do wonder how he killed himself with a bow.

Maybe he drew it and let go of the wrong bit ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"