And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 26, 2012, 01:43:46 PM
:lol:  That was a good 'un.

And no doubt that the "deserved to die" ratio of the 2500 is far, far higher.

CountDeMoney

Yup.  Unless it's the 16 year old terrorist son of a terrorist, apparently. 

It's OK when Dick Cheney does it, but Obama? ZOMG GET SOME TISSUES FOR THOSE HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUES

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 26, 2012, 02:34:48 PM
Yup.  Unless it's the 16 year old terrorist son of a terrorist, apparently. 

It's OK when Dick Cheney does it, but Obama? ZOMG GET SOME TISSUES FOR THOSE HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUES

Yeah because Cheney has a sparking clean reputation. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 26, 2012, 02:36:24 PM
Yeah because Cheney has a sparking clean reputation. :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that the GOP types questioning the lengths we've gone regarding some of extrajudicial drone killings, particularly of Anwar al-Awlaki's son, is a bit hypocritical, considering the previous administration's flexible morality.

Kill them all, and let Allah sort them out.  That's they way they want it anyway.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 26, 2012, 02:40:15 PM
I'm just saying that the GOP types questioning the lengths we've gone regarding some of extrajudicial drone killings, particularly of Anwar al-Awlaki's son, is a bit hypocritical, considering the previous administration's flexible morality.

Kill them all, and let Allah sort them out.  That's they way they want it anyway.

That never really bothered me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Any of you guys own dedicated e-readers oppose to a full tablet? I'm thinking of buying one.

Kindles are an option but not the #1. Amazon canadian offering suck.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 26, 2012, 07:08:49 PM
Any of you guys own dedicated e-readers oppose to a full tablet? I'm thinking of buying one.

Someone recently started a thread about this in the computer section.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Can't sleep. Had a exam today and now i'm wired. And i have to be up in like 6 hours. I wann win the lottery.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

The preparations for the new metro station has really taken off. Ah well, only 5 years left of loud machines working 7-19. :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

i performed a stupid experiment today and  decided not to wear socks.
they exist for a perfectly valid reason beyond cold feet.
ouch
██████
██████
██████

Phillip V

The fur seals normally hunt penguins and eat them. But this seal was wrestling with the bird, chasing as it repeatedly tried to escape.

Baffled at first, Mr. Scott, a wildlife researcher, realized that the seal "was trying to court the penguin as if it were a female seal."

When that failed, he "tore the bird to shreds and ate it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/27/science/in-nature-fatal-attractions-can-be-part-of-life.html

Malthus

Quote from: Phillip V on November 27, 2012, 12:28:39 PM
The fur seals normally hunt penguins and eat them. But this seal was wrestling with the bird, chasing as it repeatedly tried to escape.

Baffled at first, Mr. Scott, a wildlife researcher, realized that the seal "was trying to court the penguin as if it were a female seal."

When that failed, he "tore the bird to shreds and ate it."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/27/science/in-nature-fatal-attractions-can-be-part-of-life.html

Heh not unlike the dating behaviour of some high school students.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 26, 2012, 07:08:49 PM

I have and use both:  a second-generation Kindle e-reader and a Kindle Fire.  My books and bookmarks are automatically synched between the two.  I prefer reading magazines on the Fire but newspapers on the old Kindle.  For me it's the ideal combo.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.