News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I had Chili's today. The hostess was devastatingly beautiful. The food was pretty good.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 27, 2012, 05:49:15 PM
A motorcyclist blew himself the fuck up in front of my sister's house today;  crossed the center line and headbutted a Toyota SUV full of a family of four at high speed.  The Toyota won.
Half the motorcycle landed in my sister's yard and ignited.  BURNT PASTA.  A witness posted on the news item about how she had seen the cyclist crossing lanes on corners a couple miles earlier, and then opened it up on a straightaway so fast he was a dot.  Two miles later, her kids get to see their first traffic fatality, motorcyclist au jus.

Chopper landed across from my sister's house to medivac the driver to Trauma, ambos took the kids and wife.

One less two-wheeled assfuck on the road.  Unfortunately, one less SUV full of a family of four as well.

Yesterday I was chatting with an acquaintance of mine who's an ex-biker, he said more than half the time the accidents are the bikers fault.

There's a major road I sometimes use and one mile long section is a wide but only one lane each  way and often I pass a new little shrine of flowers and pictures to a new biking casualty; the coppers put up signs saying 'shinny side up' but nothing seems to deter these born-again bikes as they spectacularly weave through the traffic.

edit:
here's the website:
http://www.shinysideup.co.uk/shiny_side_up_about_us/

edit 2:

Also, 5 miles further back to where I live, this major road turns into a complex 7-8 lane section where it merges with another road and interconnects with a major north-south road, this roads has quite a few accidents just because of the volume of traffic and drivers not familiar with getting into the right lane there.

When the wind is in the right direction, standing outside I can hear this road as a low dull roar, and yet one can often hear bikers hitting that, opening up full throttle and making the most amazingly load noise for a road over 800 yards away; one day I expect to hear a 'manly' gunning of the engine followed by a nearly as load dull thud/bang.   :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 27, 2012, 06:29:29 PM
I had Chili's today. The hostess was devastatingly beautiful. The food was pretty good.

I met a friend for lunch at The Green Turtle (local bar chain);  all the waitresses were wearing their Halloween costumes. 

I had a sudden urge to doggie-style the little one with the pussycat ears.  Meow.  Woof.

mongers

Didn't know Bogart was keen on cycling:

Eddie Teach

I don't know that the simple fact of being seen on a bicycle makes one "keen" on cycling.  ;)

Josquius

he looks sorta happy if that helps :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 27, 2012, 10:34:57 PM
I don't know that the simple fact of being seen on a bicycle makes one "keen" on cycling.  ;)

It's more the fact that there are lots of different photo's of him on bikes, as opposed to most other publicity photos of stars where there's one or two.

Tamas

Ed Anger

Ashton Kutcher may have knocked up Mila Kunis. I am in mourning.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Hyde will be crushed, but he will try to play it off real cool-like.

garbon

Yellow page fuckers got tricky. Snuck it into my mailbox.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 28, 2012, 06:08:38 PM

:D

Mila is smokin.  Anyone know what happened to that hottie who played Lana Lang in Smallville?

garbon

Quote from: sbr on October 28, 2012, 07:00:11 PM

Mila is smokin.  Anyone know what happened to that hottie who played Lana Lang in Smallville?

She's on a show called Beauty and the Beast for CW.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 28, 2012, 06:06:51 PM
Ashton Kutcher may have knocked up Mila Kunis. I am in mourning.

Guess I have to mark another one off the list.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on October 28, 2012, 07:01:20 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 28, 2012, 07:00:11 PM

She's on a show called Beauty and the Beast for CW.

Tivo'ed. Thanks. :licklips: