News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2012, 07:25:30 PM
I bought a coconut once.  Sat on my kitchen counter for about 4 years.

Back in my college years me and a roommate lived in an apartment above a fruit/vegetable store. So one day I saw they had fresh coconuts and decided to buy one. Bloody things are not meant to be eaten. Tried to cut into it. Couldn't do it. Later that evening we finally borrowed an electric saw from our neighbour.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2012, 07:43:34 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 15, 2012, 07:41:25 PM
Back when we were in elementary school (between 5-10 yeas old) my best friend's parents brought a coconut back from Hawaii.  The two of us beat on that thing like a couple of retarded monkeys for a couple of days before we finally got it open.

Mine was covered with scars from knives, screwdrivers, pliers, a dremel tool and a Black & Decker power drill trying to open that fucker.
I tossed it before I was going to shoot it.

In Puerto Rico every household has a machete, not really for yard work, but for the coconuts. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

OMG TEH PLAGUE!!!111

Quote from: RGJ

Chipmunk found with plague in South Lake Tahoe

2:27 PM, Oct 11, 2012

Public health officials are warning local park visitors after a chipmunk was found with plague near the entrance of the Taylor Creek Visitor Center in South Lake Tahoe.

Warnings have been issued for Taylor Creek, Tallac Historic Site and Camp Richardson Resort.

The Forest Service also is asking the public to report any sick or dead animals immediately.

The California Department of Public Health, with assistance from El Dorado County Environmental Management and Vector Control, will be trapping and testing rodents in the area.

"The safety of our visitors and employees is our No. 1 priority,' forest supervisor Nancy Gibson said. "We are working closely with the California Department of Public Health and the El Dorado County Department of Environmental Health and will follow whatever precautions they recommend."

According to the Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit, plague is a rare but a highly infectious bacterial disease that is spread by squirrels, chipmunks, wild rodents and fleas.

Plague is known in many parts of California and is most common in rural and undeveloped mountain regions. Plague can be transmitted to humans through the bite of an infected flea, handling an infected rodent or exposure to an infected cat. The symptoms are similar to the flu, including rapid onset of a high fever, head and muscle aches, chills, nausea, weakness, cough, chest pain and painful swollen lymph glands.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grinning_Colossus

So did the bubonic plague actually cause the Black Death or what?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

You're still a retard Timmay, but at least you made my new desktop.

garbon

Was just behind some black ladies walking down the street talking about sucking a dick. Then they saw some white cops on horses and ran over to pet the horses. Oh America! :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

That story would have been so much better if it finished, "they ran over to blow the horses."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2012, 05:25:32 PM
You're still a retard Timmay, but at least you made my new desktop.

I laughed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2012, 06:13:10 PM
Was just behind some black ladies walking down the street talking about sucking a dick. Then they saw some white cops on horses and ran over to pet the horses. Oh America! :wub:

Did you learn anything from them?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on October 16, 2012, 06:13:10 PM
USA! USA!   :showoff:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Group work sucks ass. Group work where you have to communicate over a forum sucks even more.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on October 16, 2012, 09:15:55 PM
Group work sucks ass. Group work where you have to communicate over a forum sucks even more.

:yes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive