Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 02, 2012, 07:06:59 AM
Georgia is going to see its first democratic transfer of power:

Quote from: Misha Saakashvili
Dear compatriots! After summarizing the preliminary results of parliamentary elections, it is obvious that the coalition Georgian Dream has gained an advantage in these elections.

It means that the parliamentary majority should form a new government and I, as the President, will contribute - in frames of the constitution – to the process of launching Parliament's work so that it is able to elect its Chairman and also to form a new government.

You know well that the views of this coalition were and still are fundamentally unacceptable for me. There are very deep differences between us and we believe that their views are extremely wrong, but democracy works in a way that Georgian people makes decisions by majority. That's what we of course respect very much.

At the same time, as the leader of the [United] National Movement I want to say, that the National Movement goes into opposition.

I love this picture.

The outlook for Georgia suddenly brightened; who knows, maybe they'll get a rational leader, perhaps for the 2nd time in the last century. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

I can't tell if that's a bust of Reagan or JFK behind him. I recognize the picture of Madonna and Justin Bieber, though.

Neil

Have fun being part of Russia, you filthy fucks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

Why does he have the EU flag behind him?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grinning_Colossus

It's Reagan -- there's a statue of him in central Tbilisi, too -- and there are EU flags on/in just about every government building because they really want to join.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Zanza

They are members of the CoE, which shares the flag with the EU.

Malthus

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 02, 2012, 07:53:13 AM
It's Reagan -- there's a statue of him in central Tbilisi, too -- and there are EU flags on/in just about every government building because they really want to join.

It's Elvis.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

HAY SEEDY!

You might want to watch the latest 30 for30 on espn. Kosar is in it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Yeah, Bernie had enough issues as it was, nevermind bad financial advice.

LOL Andre Rison.  BITCH DID WHAT TO MY HOUSE

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2012, 08:04:04 PM
Yeah, Bernie had enough issues as it was, nevermind bad financial advice.

LOL Andre Rison.  BITCH DID WHAT TO MY HOUSE

When that bitch started laughing about the mansion fire, my wife said "he should have beaten that bitch"

:wub:

CountDeMoney

She got hers.

Little known fact:  the car that ran her off the road in Costa Rica had an Atlanta Falcons license plate frame.  :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Ed Anger

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 02, 2012, 07:52:56 PM
HAY SEEDY!

Was he still drunk/brain damaged?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on October 02, 2012, 08:19:12 PM
HAY SEEDY!

He's fine. Just fine. :mad:

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2012, 08:23:04 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 02, 2012, 08:19:12 PM
HAY SEEDY!

He's fine. Just fine. :mad:

Sad about his daughter, though.  :(