News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on October 01, 2012, 08:15:41 PM
Ok, AR's near-simultaneous post of his trip makes me look like a total loser now. :blush:

Nah, just safe and boring. Welcome to the club. :cheers:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

For fellow FJ owners and for Seedy to wish he had one:  http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii624/TomFJC/2012%20FJ%20Summit/

This was my trip with my son, most pics were taken by him while I drove, some trails were very bumpy  :lol:. He took more in Moab than he did in Ouray CO area.

Some stuff here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TomFJC?feature=mhee

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on October 01, 2012, 08:15:41 PM
Ok, AR's near-simultaneous post of his trip makes me look like a total loser now. :blush:

:yeah:

Actually though, you may be more of a camper than any of us on our trip. The last time I went legitimately camping was about 10 years ago, and a cold front came in and snowed on us. I said: never again. I don't think my companions have slept in a tent since they were kids. This could be: a disaster.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Quote from: Caliga on October 01, 2012, 08:14:49 PM
I'm going camping next weekend up in Jackson County, KY (up in Appalachia).  Princesca's sister's boyfriend's family owns a woodlot on one of the mountain ridges up there.  We got an SUV tent which we set up in the driveway as a test yesterday.  I think it's going to be awesome. :cool:

I keep telling Princesca we can camp in the woods at the back of our property if she really wants to go camping, but for some reason she dismisses that idea. :hmm:

I've been wanting to go to Harlan KY, not sure if I will make it this year. Should be great fun (not Machu Pichu, but fun non the less  ;)).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Lusty, holy crap on that top picture!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on October 01, 2012, 08:14:09 PM
I'm doing a four day hike to Machu Picchu on the Inca Trail next month, which involves sleeping in tents, etc. I'm not sure if it counts as really roughing it though since we are going to have people to carry/set up our tents and supplies and having a cook come along.  :)

[for those that remember me asking about Bolivia, this is the alternate that was chosen]

Are the Andes as infested with terrifying arthropods as the Amazon?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Quote from: alfred russel on October 01, 2012, 08:29:54 PM

I know, how did two pinche Boriquas find the desert?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

I'm doing a four day hike to Machu Picchu on the Inca Trail next month, which involves sleeping in tents, etc. I'm not sure if it counts as really roughing it though since we are going to have people to carry/set up our tents and supplies and having a cook come along.  :)

[for those that remember me asking about Bolivia, this is the alternate that was chosen]

Sounds like fun.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

DGuller

Yikes, that's very dangerous.  The government should really install fences on all the cliff edges.

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on October 01, 2012, 08:33:24 PM

Around Machu Picchu I think the answer is no, because it is too high.

lustindarkness

Quote from: alfred russel on October 01, 2012, 08:29:54 PM

That's Top of The World trail, Moab UT. 1300 feet drop:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

I want the basket-style rack on that white FJ.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: alfred russel on October 01, 2012, 08:38:03 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 01, 2012, 08:33:24 PM

Around Machu Picchu I think the answer is no, because it is too high.

That's good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)