News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 11, 2012, 11:02:15 PM
Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea!

The city probably needed more parking ticket revenue.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on September 11, 2012, 04:38:06 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 10, 2012, 02:34:46 AM
I would have thought as well Elsass would be green(er).

Elsass?  What are you some sort of traitor?

Move on, paléo-jacobin :
selon l'article 75-1 de la constitution, « Les langues régionales appartiennent au patrimoine de la France »

On the other hand, I know and practice laïcité , unlike that failed mix of Germany and (provincial) France  :smarty:

jimmy olsen

Hey Lettow, check out "Anime that Jazz" on Youtube. They're a band that does Jazz renditions of anime theme songs. Pretty damn good, though I wish I could find some more jazz like was written for Cowboy Bebop and Baccano. It's quite fast and uptempo, not sure what subgenre it falls under.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Duque de Bragança

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2012, 06:47:57 PM

But that's the opposite of what Malthus said. He said it isn't a waste of time. :P

True art is not about the product, it is about the process.  :)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2012, 05:17:36 AM
Hey Lettow, check out "Anime that Jazz" on Youtube. They're a band that does Jazz renditions of anime theme songs. Pretty damn good, though I wish I could find some more jazz like was written for Cowboy Bebop and Baccano. It's quite fast and uptempo, not sure what subgenre it falls under.

Look up some Buddy Rich.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Not many people around this evening, I seem to inadvertently be spamming the forum.   :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Lettow77

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 12, 2012, 05:17:36 AM

Thanks for sharing! If you are into this sort of thing, you might enjoy the recently-aired Sakamichi No Apollon, which about the members of a Japanese Jazz Band in the 1960s. It also has some things that are more distinctly Kyushu based, and an interesting series on the whole, albiet I don't know if the whole josei vibes it gives off are for you.

Also, pop orchestra performances are usually fairly poor, but this rendition of Undine is quite wonderful, I think- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mddLG4L0hVU

Edit: Oh dear, ed's latest avatar..how scandalous  :blush:
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Get your lawnmower off my street.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

██████
██████
██████