News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

The purchasing power of Guyane is not good.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on September 11, 2012, 05:50:43 PM
Quote from: Malthus on September 11, 2012, 09:08:27 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2012, 08:44:20 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 11, 2012, 08:40:42 AM
Quote from: sbr on September 11, 2012, 04:04:17 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 11, 2012, 02:36:26 AM
Well, at least he's happy.  I could think of a lot worse ways for him to be spending his time.

Making a suit from his room mate's skin.

Well, creative handicrafts are never really a waste of time.

This is real life, not dwarf fortress. ;)

Well, in real life making a suit out of your roommate's skin would take a lot of skill.  :) I mean, how many people even know how to flay and tan skin?

Tell me about it.  To really do it you need like 3 or 4 different people.  It's also not very elastic and tears really easily  To top it off, you don't really convince anyone.  Everyone just stops and stares.  Sometimes there is screaming.  Total waste of three weeks of work.

But that's the opposite of what Malthus said. He said it isn't a waste of time. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Yesterday I saw a guy maybe 30-35 wearing a light tan robe with sleeves about to the elbow. Does anyone have any idea what that was about? (I'm assuming it was some sort of religious thing)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

No one else thought that Solar flare photo was badass?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 11, 2012, 07:36:18 PM

It's fucking bad ass. Have you seen the video Nasa's Goddar center made?

The craziest thing about solar flare is how slow they are.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: alfred russel on September 11, 2012, 07:05:21 PM
Yesterday I saw a guy maybe 30-35 wearing a light tan robe with sleeves about to the elbow. Does anyone have any idea what that was about? (I'm assuming it was some sort of religious thing)

Jedi casual?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

Everytime I listen to K-Pop, I feel so wrong after but I can't help it. I find it totally hilarious.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 11, 2012, 07:38:11 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 11, 2012, 07:36:18 PM

It's fucking bad ass. Have you seen the video Nasa's Goddar center made?

The craziest thing about solar flare is how slow they are.
Yup, posted a link.

It's moving at hundreds of kilometers per second. It just looks slow because of the distance involved.
http://gizmodo.com/5940957/the-most-amazing-solar-eruption-ever-recorded-is-even-more-terrifying-in-video#.UE9F3BdCi3g.facebook
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea!

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: Habbaku on September 11, 2012, 07:47:02 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 11, 2012, 07:05:21 PM

Jedi casual?
:lol:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

If you think about it enough, Mongers even sounds like a name from The Wind in the Willows.

I am not sure how to best go about getting the values of Ratty, the more sensible hobbits of the Shire and Winnie the Pooh onto the world-ship, but it is a needful thing. Somewhere lies a pastoral world of fluffy sheep and sluggish streams in which the teachings of these luminaries can give form to a perfect dream.

Edit: I had not before now consulted myself on the matter of how excellent a Gondolier Ratty would make. A fusion of venice and the shire is now the working model for the ideal colony.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

If you ever found such a world, I bet you'd be ready to give it up within a matter of weeks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Even giving up in such a world would be wonderfully pleasant. How exalting, to be the first among wraiths to keep the peace of some gentle mere or verdant copse! Who would not be at peace with such an amenable end to their adventure?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'