The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

That's one hell of a minaret.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2012, 01:34:54 PM

No doubt someone will fly a plane into it; you know those people are predisposed to that sort of nonsense.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on September 03, 2012, 03:56:19 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 03, 2012, 01:34:54 PM

No doubt someone will fly a plane into it; you know those people are predisposed to that sort of nonsense.

Nah.  Not enough Jews in it.

Admiral Yi

The tallest building in Europe is 600 some meters tall.

Not necessarily related to Sauron's Needle in Mecca, just thought it was interesting.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 03, 2012, 05:51:19 PM
The tallest building in Europe is 600 some meters tall.

This list disagrees:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_Europe

This will be the highest office building in Austria. DC (Donau City) Tower 1, 230 meters. I work in the building on the right, and the tower partially blocks my view across the Danube and East Vienna into the hillside:

Whole project is supposed to look like this, though it's questionable whether they'll build the second, smaller tower, as the first one is already massively late and over budget (United Nations are the smaller buildings right of center).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

There's no fucking way, that would be 50% taller than the Bruj Dubai Tower.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Threviel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2012, 01:27:07 AM

230 * 0.67 |= height of Bruj Dubai Tower.

Liep

There's a Swede in my Russian history class with a mullet and a Jagr shirt. Prejudice lives!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2012, 01:27:07 AM

DC Tower One. 230 Meters.  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Ah, ok. Read that has 1,230 meters.  :blush:

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2012, 01:05:45 AM
Whole project is supposed to look like this, though it's questionable whether they'll build the second, smaller tower, as the first one is already massively late and over budget (United Nations are the smaller buildings right of center).

Why'd all the windows fall out and still not break?