News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

If that WWF game is the model I used to play, it FUCKING ROCKS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on May 05, 2012, 07:04:26 AM
Winter in Rock River...brrrrr.  They have a couple of trees there to move the wind around in unpredictable patterns.  7000 feet up, flat, desolate, cold.  Even Dig Dug can't save it.

I dunno, man...think about it.  Inconspicuous little watering hole, out in the middle of absolute nowhere. There's something incredibly romantic about that.

Of course, I'd probably fuck it all up with the locals anyway.

*reads new sign* "'Tuesday night is Warhammer 40K Night'? What is that, malt liquor?"

PDH

Hell, they would love you.  Probably take you out to shoot road signs after a few beers: "Tell us again about those dark folks, Seedy."  The whole town is like an 11B4V avatar.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 05, 2012, 07:09:52 AM
Winter in Rock River...brrrrr.  They have a couple of trees there to move the wind around in unpredictable patterns.  7000 feet up, flat, desolate, cold.  Even Dig Dug can't save it.

I dunno, man...think about it.  Inconspicuous little watering hole, out in the middle of absolute nowhere. There's something incredibly romantic about that.

*reads new sign* "'Tuesday night is Warhammer 40K Night'? What is that, malt liquor?"

Seedy, there are probably a couple dozen places like that for sale in any given moment in Alberta.  The only hotel/bar in some small town of a couple hundred people.

They're for sale because they lose money.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

He did say romantic.  That means (whether owning a business or dating a woman) that it will lose money.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Faceplant for the win, this is appearing and being reposted/liked:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/401752_445976645428849_320207001339148_1708932_2038522405_n.jpg

Do people not question truthfulness of anything on the interwebs ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jaron

I got a raise at work.  :showoff: Those nickels and dimes are just pouring in now.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

On the way home from the Byzantium Exhibition yesterday we came through a heavy thunderstorm on the Autobahn. There was three or four inches of water on the road in some places. Some people decided to pull over to the breakdown lane (rather silly) to sit out the weather.

One guy had no choice, though: a Lamborghini with his left side smashed up very badly (probably hit the concrete seperators in the middle of the autobahn. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

current status: Mildly annoyed.
Seems the sports channels are free tonight for some reason.
And every premier league game is on.
Except of course...Sunderland.
Wish we would buy a Japanese player, no matter how crappy, to warm the bench so I can see the games.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on May 05, 2012, 06:50:59 PM
I got a raise at work.  :showoff: Those nickels and dimes are just pouring in now.

:cool:

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on May 05, 2012, 03:31:40 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 05, 2012, 07:09:52 AM

Seedy, there are probably a couple dozen places like that for sale in any given moment in Alberta.  The only hotel/bar in some small town of a couple hundred people.

They're for sale because they lose money.

Besides, if he is going to buy some remote watering hole, it should be in Alaska or the Yukon for that whole "Northern Exposure" vibe.

Wyoming?  More of a cow manure vibe.

Josquius

Played pool with an American yesterday. Didn't realise American rules were so different. Suffice to say they suck.  The freely putting the ball anywhere if you miss thing kind of ruins the game, feels super cheap.

The pot the white with the black thing sneakily killed me as its fun and isn't a rule issue at home. <_<
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.