News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Speaking of Laramie

http://www.laramie-advantage.com/bin/web/real_estate/AR163817/ACTIVATE_FRAMES/HOME_SEARCH/Laramie/1336080904.html

I think I just found my future.  :lol:

Edit: Scroll down to "Double Shot Bar".

PDH

Hehe, look for "Rock River" on a map - if Laramie is in the middle of nowhere, Rock River is in the middle of nowhere's ass-crack.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on May 04, 2012, 09:23:14 PM
Hehe, look for "Rock River" on a map - if Laramie is in the middle of nowhere, Rock River is in the middle of nowhere's ass-crack.

"Only one of two available liquor licenses in Rock River."

You know what that means?

Tonitrus

That "1942" machine and "Dig Dug" better work, or that place is overpriced.  :mad:

Razgovory

Rode up to see my brother with my dad today.  My dad told us a story about his dad (who died when I was two.  He was born in 1907 or something).  My dad had taken a car in to get repaired and the mechanic there refused to fix it.  My Grandfather went over there and screamed at the guy that he would throw a bomb through his window.  The mechanic then repaired the car free of charge. 

My family is very strange.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Man, Seedy in Rock River....after a month there we would have to send Shelley Duvall in to read what he had written on his typewriter.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

If Cd opened up a bar somewhere there's a chance I would move there and become a drunk.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

For some reason I keep thinking of Sam Neill's character in Hunt for the Red October when CdM talks about going out west.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadBurgerMaker

I just got a new hookah:

Smokes niiiiiice

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 04, 2012, 09:15:21 PM
Speaking of Laramie

http://www.laramie-advantage.com/bin/web/real_estate/AR163817/ACTIVATE_FRAMES/HOME_SEARCH/Laramie/1336080904.html

My kinda place right there.

Edit:  Holy shit they have 1942.  Sold.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 05, 2012, 12:12:07 AM
Speaking of Laramie

I'd agree if it were anywhere near I-80. Dragon's Den says: no.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 05, 2012, 12:12:07 AM
Speaking of Laramie

I sent the link to my Dad, for shits and giggles.  He said to check if there are pics from the wintertime--if anybody survived to take them.   :lol:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on May 04, 2012, 10:21:47 PM
For some reason I keep thinking of Sam Neill's character in Hunt for the Red October when CdM talks about going out west.

ONE PING ONLY
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 05, 2012, 06:16:45 AM
he link to my Dad, for shits and giggles.  He said to check if there are pics from the wintertime--if anybody survived to take them.   :lol:

Winter in Rock River...brrrrr.  They have a couple of trees there to move the wind around in unpredictable patterns.  7000 feet up, flat, desolate, cold.  Even Dig Dug can't save it.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM