News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I have returned from the strange barbaric lands of Poland, in safety. I am mighty tired after almost a week of relentless efforts to try and solve the mystery of "why no vowels?"
My adventures warrant a mini-AAR, which shall happen later.

Octavian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fbahS7VSFs&feature=player_embedded

Poor lion  :(

I have seen something similar with wolves and a small dog

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

DGuller

Quote from: Octavian on May 03, 2012, 02:31:38 PM

That's monstrous.  :mad: You don't dangle a treat in front of an animal unless you're going to give it eventually.

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on May 03, 2012, 11:32:22 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 02, 2012, 12:10:37 AM
if that's your purpose download it at home.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB? :unsure:

*edit* saw your other post. Well that sucks :lol:. What type of phone do you have?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

I like how the mother is laughing as she films it. "Oh, that's so cute. That lioness wants to eat my baby. LOL"
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Octavian on May 03, 2012, 02:31:38 PM

The best part is the outraged commentators who are convinced that the lion could break through the glass & eat the tyke.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

So, I asked my guys to work this Sunday as we're getting ready to finish our game. Naturally we're getting them some lunch.

Being in the start up space, there's a food delivery start up we're going to go through - a basic thing really, pick stuff from the menu of participating restaurants, and these guys deliver it.

The thing is... one of the restaurants is a liquor store. Delivery liquor. And apparently legal (so not like the dudes selling you a lukewarm six pack from their trunk for $20).

... not for lunch on Sunday, however.

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on May 03, 2012, 05:22:52 PMThe best part is the outraged commentators who are convinced that the lion could break through the glass & eat the tyke.  :D

I accept that it's perfectly rational to conclude that the kid is safe.

Nonetheless, I'd never put my kid in that position. I know... the lion won't break through the glass... but what if?

I mean... windows in skyscrapers don't pop out, non matter how much force you apply to them from the inside. You can safely jump right at them, right? Still... I'm not going to do it.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on May 03, 2012, 05:43:08 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 03, 2012, 05:22:52 PMThe best part is the outraged commentators who are convinced that the lion could break through the glass & eat the tyke.  :D

I accept that it's perfectly rational to conclude that the kid is safe.

Nonetheless, I'd never put my kid in that position. I know... the lion won't break through the glass... but what if?

I mean... windows in skyscrapers don't pop out, non matter how much force you apply to them from the inside. You can safely jump right at them, right? Still... I'm not going to do it.

I remember a reading about a guy who died jumping up against one of those big windows.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

I remember reading about a guy who died driving on the highway.  It is perceived threat that makes us stop doing things, not the actual threat likelihood.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

We bid a fond adieu to Fileplanet. I guess.

QuoteNote: FilePlanet is no longer being updated and is in the process of being archived.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 03, 2012, 06:23:32 PM
We bid a fond adieu to Fileplanet. I guess.

QuoteNote: FilePlanet is no longer being updated and is in the process of being archived.

Those sites are really getting hit hard.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: PDH on May 03, 2012, 06:20:51 PM
I remember reading about a guy who died driving on the highway.  It is perceived threat that makes us stop doing things, not the actual threat likelihood.

Also there's a rationale for driving on the highway beyond courting death.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Old news but small enough to have probably flown under most people's radar- Chely Wright is a lesbian. So I wonder what it means when she says she's "a single white female looking for a man like you". Does she need a jar opened? Gutters cleaned?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.