News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Holy fuck.  That is fucking beautiful.

FunkMonk

Ed wins the gif battle.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

I'm off to bed. Toodles.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Liep on April 09, 2012, 01:01:12 PM
Instagram is a good app, maybe even a great app. But a billion dollar app? Jesus H. Christ.

Everybody's been talking about this, and it makes me realize that I really have no idea what money means at this point in history.   Is a billion dollars a lot to buy a popular web phenomenon?  How much is the US debt?  How much are Goldman execs compensated?  Can you get any tiny studio apartment on the open market in any marginally safe area of New York, even an hour train ride from Manhattan, for less than $1500 a month?

It sounds like the price for Instagram is really high, but then part of the noise seems to be about Zuckerberg being able to just write the check for it outright, rather than the price itself.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2012, 08:14:58 PM

From Pizza Hut UK.

Now we have a stuffed-crust pizza gap.  :mad:

I propose: Bacon-stuffed crust pizza.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 11, 2012, 01:06:16 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2012, 08:14:58 PM

From Pizza Hut UK.

Now we have a stuffed-crust pizza gap.  :mad:

I propose: Bacon-stuffed crust pizza.

I seen this and puked a little.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Larch

Apparently Matt Groening has finally answered that The Simpson's Springfield is located in Oregon.

Josquius

kind of an anti-climax if so...and why now?

The bbc article I read about that just said the idea came from the Oregon one.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Lettow77

When old people post funny internet pictures its like reddit's /r/funny six months in the past, which in turn is a sanitized processing plant for the actual internet's creative output.

Thanks for the trip through memory lane, ed. You're only as old as you feel!  :hug:
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'