And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2012, 07:03:12 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 06, 2012, 06:32:48 PM
Golf's not that obscure, as it's practically the only sport people over 40 are still comfortable playing.

It's obscure in terms of Languish fanboys.

In other words, the Big Bean hasn't started a fantasy golf thread.

Golf is fun to play, but about as much fun as bamboo shoots up your dick to watch.  Just can't do it.  Or watch golf, for that matter.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

I need to dust my clubs off and murder some perfectly good titleist balls.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2012, 05:08:23 PM
The surprise leader after two days of play at the Masters is Freddy Couples.

Is he going to party like its 1989?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I spent an hour filling 50 plastic eggs with various candies. I felt like a Cong soldier building booby traps.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2012, 07:05:48 PM
Golf is fun to play

What's the longest you ever lasted without snapping all your shafts?

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 06, 2012, 07:43:52 PM
I spent an hour filling 50 plastic eggs with various candies. I felt like a Cong soldier building booby traps.

You are only truly a merchant of evil if some had only black jellybeans and year-old peep parts in them.  The kids need to learn that sometimes there is death awaiting.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2012, 07:50:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2012, 07:05:48 PM
Golf is fun to play

What's the longest you ever lasted without snapping all your shafts?

:lol:  Actually, I've never had a single meltdown on the course or the range.  I reserve that for the workplace.

I think what helped me from getting all bent out of shape over golf is, when I started, the first thing I did was to get lessons.  Found a retired old Mr. Miyagi-type that was all about form and contact.  Hell, it wasn't until the third month that I was even allowed to pick up a driver, or progress to a back swing.  Wax on, wax off.

But no, I don't ever get frustrated over golf.  Funny, that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on April 06, 2012, 07:50:41 PM

You are only truly a merchant of evil if some had only black jellybeans and year-old peep parts in them.  The kids need to learn that sometimes there is death awaiting.

Don't worry, I'm sure he's got the yard daisychained with bouncing betties for the easter egg hunt tomorrow.

Ed Anger

I should have brought out the old candy corn.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2012, 07:56:16 PM

Don't worry, I'm sure he's got the yard daisychained with bouncing betties for the easter egg hunt tomorrow.

Probably tunnels too...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2012, 07:56:16 PM

That is Brigadefuhrer Drut's job. Little kitty surprises for all the screaming little girls running around.

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 06, 2012, 07:56:51 PM

I was thinking of candy corn in my first post, but by now I figured it had been used up over winter to provide traction on the sidewalk.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on April 06, 2012, 07:59:35 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 06, 2012, 07:56:51 PM

I was thinking of candy corn in my first post, but by now I figured it had been used up over winter to provide traction on the sidewalk.

Our supply was unused.

CountDeMoney

Just remember to stock up on Cadbury Creme Eggs, in violation of several arms limitations treaties.  They take them off the shelves next week.