News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

We have a cherry blossom festival in Nashville this weekend. I'd sooner wait until I am in the sacred isles to appreciate such a spectacle, so I will hold off. Pleasures deferred are still satisfying- it brings me comfort just thinking of wonderful things that the future holds, rather than actually enjoying them in the present.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Why is this so popular?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2012, 11:58:56 AM
Why is this so popular?

My Little Pony isn't that popular, Lettow and Wags are just weirdos.

MadImmortalMan

When in doubt, blame 4chan.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

FunkMonk

Quote'Star Rabbit' Dies When Photographer Takes Wrong Step

He's "like James Dean, a star dead before his time," according to The Local.

Spiegel Online says "the future had looked so bright for tiny Til."

Global Post somberly says that "an attempt to show a rare rabbit on TV took a tragic turn."

Wednesday at the Limbach-Oberfrohna Zoo in eastern Germany, officials were introducing their newest star to the news media when a photographer accidentally stepped on the little guy — Til, a three-week-old earless rabbit.

"We are all shocked. During the filming, the cameraman took a step back and trod on the bunny," zoo director Uwe Dempewolf said, according to Spiegel. "He was immediately dead, he didn't suffer. It was a direct hit. No one could have foreseen this. Everyone here is upset. The cameraman was distraught."

The Local adds that Til "has now been frozen and may be stuffed and put on display."
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/03/15/148672548/star-rabbit-dies-when-photographer-takes-wrong-step?sc=fb&cc=fp

RIP mutant bunny
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe cameraman was distraught."

Somebody needs to curbstomp that motherfucker, American History X style.  See how it feels.

Razgovory

I guess Uwe is a common name in Germany.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Lettow77

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 15, 2012, 12:05:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2012, 11:58:56 AM
Why is this so popular?

My Little Pony isn't that popular, Lettow and Wags are just weirdos.

You so sure about that?

With the interest of the older demographic, the show's viewership increased from 1.4 million per month on its premiere to 4 million per month by the end of the first season,[77] making it the highest-rated of any Hasbro offering at the time.[65] Advertising Age reports that the viewership doubled between the first and the second season.[82]
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Sheilbh

The Vatican has withdrawn support from the annual Clericus football match between Seminarians and Priests.  Apparently the swearing from the touchline has gotten out of hand :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 15, 2012, 12:42:24 PM
You so sure about that?

With the interest of the older demographic, the show's viewership increased from 1.4 million per month on its premiere to 4 million per month by the end of the first season,[77] making it the highest-rated of any Hasbro offering at the time.[65] Advertising Age reports that the viewership doubled between the first and the second season.[82]

Well, still not exactly ER or American Idol numbers. -_-

Grey Fox

For some reason that neither I nor the Technicians doing it, Bell decided to run a fiber optic cable to my house. That's totally useless, I don't subscribe to any Bell services & Bell doesn't give it's reseller access to the fiber network(which is how I get my internet).

4h work for no reason, plus the spiffy new converter plug in my house. I think I might just put a saw thru it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Maybe it's a load bearing cable.  Helps the structural integrity of the building.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 15, 2012, 12:52:49 PM
For some reason that neither I nor the Technicians doing it, Bell decided to run a fiber optic cable to my house. That's totally useless, I don't subscribe to any Bell services & Bell doesn't give it's reseller access to the fiber network(which is how I get my internet).

4h work for no reason, plus the spiffy new converter plug in my house. I think I might just put a saw thru it.

A lot of companies are ripping out copper twisted pair and installing fiber optics in communities, with or without your subscription to services.  Because copper is dead.

DGuller

It's probably easier to replace copper wires wholesale rather than pick and choose who subscribes.