And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on March 02, 2012, 05:34:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 02, 2012, 04:51:14 PM
Holy fuck. Marysville Indiana reported "gone".

Hope your house doesn't get torn up.  Cleaning up after Tornado can be bitch.  We got some thunder and hail, nothing serious.  Looks like Springs come early.

Been damn strange weather this year.  Autumn only seemed to start around November, winter never really came and spring has started in February.  Hell for the last two weeks you could go outside without even a jacket.  Yesterday it was like 70 degrees outside.

Mine is fine. The weather people say the storms in Kentucky/Cincy area sucked the power out of ones north around us.

It is a month early. The Xenia '73 mess was in April.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Eh, I live in area to know when to take these seriously and when it's nothing.  They were showing video taken from a car on CNN, and the sky was green.  That's a bad sign.  That's when you pull off to nearest place of business and hunker down.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: ulmont on March 02, 2012, 04:49:36 PM
So, I have the yahoo username that is "[email protected]."  As a result, I get some misdirected email.

Yesterday, I got added somehow to an "edmodo" group for "Mr. Eddie Baker's 7A Sixth Grade Class" at "Beaufort Schools."  Between 1:30 and 1:45pm today I got  50 emails of 13 year-olds just saying "wassup!"

Edmodo is a social networking tool that teachers can use to do stuff with their class. Each class essentially gets it's own compartmentalized thing, and the teacher is the admin. If you want off it, just send a note to this Eddie Baker dude.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

So dumb, yet I laugh.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2012, 04:51:54 PM
Quote from: ulmont on March 02, 2012, 04:49:36 PM
So, I have the yahoo username that is "[email protected]."  As a result, I get some misdirected email.

Yesterday, I got added somehow to an "edmodo" group for "Mr. Eddie Baker's 7A Sixth Grade Class" at "Beaufort Schools."  Between 1:30 and 1:45pm today I got  50 emails of 13 year-olds just saying "wassup!"

Man you got to get off that before you end up on some pedophile watch list.

Yeah, I know.

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 02, 2012, 06:40:19 PM
Edmodo is a social networking tool that teachers can use to do stuff with their class. Each class essentially gets it's own compartmentalized thing, and the teacher is the admin. If you want off it, just send a note to this Eddie Baker dude.

I sent an email to Edmodo's support to take me off.  If I don't hear anything by late Monday I'll send something, but I have no way to private message Eddie Baker.  All I can do is post a message to the entire group.

Jacob

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2012, 07:35:26 PM
lulz

Fail that dirty communist. That's simplified chinese, not traditional.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Sheilbh

I like this map of the inhabited world from 1824:
http://exp.lore.com/post/18613446913/what-the-inhabited-world-looked-like-in-1824
The distinction between civilised and enlightened is interesting.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 02, 2012, 08:14:35 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2012, 07:35:26 PM
lulz

Fail that dirty communist. That's simplified chinese, not traditional.

I'm sure all the best educated Chinese of the day were itching to wash white people's clothes for a living.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 02, 2012, 09:16:59 PM

I'm sure all the best educated Chinese of the day were itching to wash white people's clothes for a living.

Wait, does babby not know about simplified Chinese? Could it be that you are embarrassing yourself?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'